Windows 10: Hard drive not available, Windows install

Discus and support Hard drive not available, Windows install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am doing a clean install, Win10. I have added an IDE drive to the system. The bios sees it as P0, The install program sees it, but the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarlMcGarry, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Hard drive not available, Windows install

I am doing a clean install, Win10. I have added an IDE drive to the system. The bios sees it as P0, The install program sees it, but the install program says it is unavailable. Whats wrong?

:)

CarlMcGarry, Feb 20, 2019
  2. little cat, Feb 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 20, 2019
  4. dhdude Win User

Hard drive not available, Windows install

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Hard drive not available, Windows install :)

dhdude, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive not available, Windows install

1. Hard drive not available, Windows install - Similar Threads - Hard drive available

2. Hard drive not installed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive not installed?: Hey everyone! I recently got a new drawing tablet and my laptop started having problems. I thought it was because I had too many apps so I deleted some. But the same problem persisted and the laptop would simply crash. I even factory reset the laptop thinking everything would...
  3. Hard Drive not installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive not installed: Hi there,Yesterday I was just resetting my Dell Laptop, there it showed a message that Reset Failed, then I went out of the Reset Screen and when I restarted my PC , it showed a message stating that Hard Drive not installed. Also when I tried to go to BIOS, there under Boot...
  4. Maximizing available disk space on a hard-drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Maximizing available disk space on a hard-drive.: This discussion is primarily intended to discuss: 1. Maximizing available disk space. 2. What to do with a MFG Recovery Partition and the importance of backing it up or not-should it be removed? 3. When, if ever, 3rd-party Partition Management can help. 4. When should a...
  5. External Hard drive not showing as available device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive not showing as available device: Hello, I recently purchased a second-hand Transcend Storejet 25h3 1TB external hard drive, connected via USB 3.0. It doesn't show up as an available device or drive from the menu on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4, but I can select it from the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject...
  6. Hard Drive - Not installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive - Not installed: My Dell inspiron 5559 which had Windows 10 is not detecting hard drive. It's stuck on showing Dell logo and nothing happens after that. I have another hard drive from old laptop which has Windows 7. But, this is not detected by the laptop. After changing the boot mode to...
  7. installing windows on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows on new hard drive: my old hard drive got fried with a power surge. got a replacement hard drive, got a USB for installation, but it won't install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-on-new-hard-drive/29b67674-63e4-4db0-b671-4324d96b31be
  8. activating windows 10 after new hard drive installation - no product code available

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activating windows 10 after new hard drive installation - no product code available: Last year I had a new hard drive installed on my computer. The dealer installed Windows 10 at the time. I´m now getting a message that I need to Activate Windows 10 but I do not have a product code. I´ve gone through the online help several times and still can´t seem to...
  9. installing Windows on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing Windows on new hard drive: The hard drive on my computer crashed. I have a new hard drive but I don't know how to install Windows 10 on it once I put it in as it will have no OS. I had windows 10 on drive that crashed. How can I get windows 10 on new drive without having to buy Windows 10 again. Have...
  10. Installing Windows to a new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows to a new hard drive.: To cut a long story short, the hard drive in my old PC died. Fortunately, I was in the process of building a new one, so I have the parts at my house, except a case, as I'm getting one from a friend. However, that hard drive is the one that had Windows installed on it, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive is not available windows setup