Windows 10: Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation

Discus and support Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I installed Linux Mint on my PC. Now I'm trying to come back in Windows 10 but whenever I go to Windows Installation page I see a error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tanim Siam, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation

Recently I installed Linux Mint on my PC. Now I'm trying to come back in Windows 10 but whenever I go to Windows Installation page I see a error message " a required CD/DVD is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now "I tried many things to fix the problem, but it didn't work even I tried to install a disk driver.

Note: I am using Western Digital green 140 GB SSD and there is no hardware problem. I can install other Linux OS so easily but can't install Windows OS.

:)

Tanim Siam, Jan 29, 2021
  2. pooker Win User

windows 7 not detecting hard drive

I have this model WD5000AAKS

It prompts me to load a driver, but according to the windows website, it should not. This hard drive is detected in my bios, but not by the OS. This is a fresh install, and there is currently no OS installed on this hard drive.

Does anyone have any solutions for me to try?

Thanks

pooker, Jan 29, 2021
  3. little cat, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation

Internal hard drive not getting detected after upgrading the computer to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading your computer to Windows 10, the 8TB internal hard drive is not getting detected. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• How did you upgrade the computer to Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see the hard drive in BIOS?
    • Are you using a Desktop or a Laptop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer you are using?

I would suggest you to check if the hard drive is being detected in BIOS. If the hard drive is not being detected in BIOS, then it could be a connectivity issue between the hard drive and the motherboard.

However, if the hard drive is getting detected in BIOS, I would suggest you to try updating the storage drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and see if that helps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation

1. Hard Drive Not Detected in Windows 10 Installation - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Detected

2. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  3. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  4. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard Drives not detected during Windows 10 / 11 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drives not detected during Windows 10 / 11 install: I have Windows 11 installed already. If I boot to the install on the hard drive NVMe Samsung 980 Pro it boots normally and without issue. If I boot from a USB with the Installer for Windows 10 or 11 the Hard drive DOES NOT show up in the GUI. I have NO IDEA what to do...
  6. Hard Drives not detected during Windows 10 / 11 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drives not detected during Windows 10 / 11 install: I have Windows 11 installed already. If I boot to the install on the hard drive NVMe Samsung 980 Pro it boots normally and without issue. If I boot from a USB with the Installer for Windows 10 or 11 the Hard drive DOES NOT show up in the GUI. I have NO IDEA what to do...
  7. Hard Drive isn't detected during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive isn't detected during Windows 10 installation: I built a new PC and have to install Windows 10 on it now. I put it on a bootable USB and it's working fine. But when I go through all the prompts and get to where I select a storage device, there's nothing in the list. I even checked in my bios and it's not being detected at...
  8. Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not detected: What could be the possible reason that my external hard drive is not appearing on the pc bios screen but working with my mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/6757b01a-2bbc-48d4-a3f3-b128115ee10f"
  9. Windows 10 install hard drive not detected

Windows 10 install hard drive not detected: My computer recently shut down, and when I tried to reboot it it took me to the "boot device not found" screen. I've been trying pretty much everything to reinstall windows 10, but nothing has worked, either the computer reboots or it gets as far into windows installation as...
  10. Windows 10 Installation Unable to Detect Hard Drive

Windows 10 Installation Unable to Detect Hard Drive: Hi, I work with windows and linux, both are installed on the same hard disk, so I work with dual boot, GRUB does this work. Recently I needed to reinstall linux (Debian 10) and changed the linux partition only, I can even see and access the windows 10 partition from linux,...