Windows 10: Hard drive not found

Discus and support Hard drive not found in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Needed to reinstall windows 10 pro. My additional (D) SSD hard drive has a password protection. It is used to store documents, pictures and games etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eparcirohter, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Hard drive not found

Needed to reinstall windows 10 pro.
    My additional (D) SSD hard drive has a password protection. It is used to store documents, pictures and games etc. To not delete all info on that the D drive it was disconnected before reinstalling windows on default drive (C).
    After reinstalling windows and all is set up I reconnected drive D but windows is unable to discover it.

I know the password.
    Is there a fix?

:)

eparcirohter, Dec 7, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 7, 2020
  3. little cat, Dec 7, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Hard drive not found

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive not found

1. Hard drive not found - Similar Threads - Hard drive found

2. hard drive not found ---Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive not found ---Help: Hi Really need help here.Don't know what happened but I came back to the pcand it came up with blue screen and "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you" there was aQR image as well but it didn't last long before it went to a win10 logo...
  3. BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0: Hi all, I get BootDevice Not Found - Hard Drive 3F0 when I try to boot my laptop. HP ProBook 450 G4, Windows 10 Professional I have tried all the recommended steps for such an error but in vain. I have tried with all sorts of settings in UEFI secure boot - disabled,...
  4. FireCuda 2TB Hard Drive Not Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FireCuda 2TB Hard Drive Not Found: Hello, as the subject states, my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing my hard drive about 2 weeks ago. I’ve looked around and tried many of the solutions that I found, but none had any effect. I’ve tried - Restarting my laptop - Checking disk partitions - Checking device...
  5. external hard drive not found

external hard drive not found: external hard drive not found 1tb hard drive has power, but not spinning. My computer, does not register drive & Disk management does not acknowledge drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-found/9d132440-5ec8-4b5c-b3ef-e81673cd8564
  6. Hard drive Not found

Hard drive Not found: I have installed neverwre's chrome os in my usb drive. Unfortunately I have chosed to format drive and install this on pc. I have canceled the install process but My drive is already formated. After that I have installed windows 10. Drives Before format 1. hard drive,...
  7. new hard drive not found

new hard drive not found: Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal pc ssd-sata III6 gb/s, m.2 2280, up to 568 mb/s wds100t2bob) and drive enclosure (orico nvme pci-e m.2 ssd enclosure adapter...
  8. new hard drive not found

in Windows 10 Support
    new hard drive not found: Picked up a new Dell inspiron 5593 laptop win10 pro 1909. I have successfully filled the 500g ssd. I bought a new 1tb ssd (WD Blue 3D nand 1tb internal pc ssd-sata III6 gb/s, m.2 2280, up to 568 mb/s wds100t2bob) and drive enclosure (orico nvme pci-e m.2 ssd enclosure adapter...
  9. Network external hard drives not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network external hard drives not found: Can somone give me a non techy response? I have a Netgear wireless router. I have a dell Win 10 computer. My comuter does not recognize the external Hard Drive plugged into the router's USB Port. I did a reinstall of the latest version of Win 10.. My drive was...
  10. Internal hard disk drive not found

Internal hard disk drive not found: Hey all I have an Alienware X51 R3 and I was messing with my command prompt and accidentally changed what I believe is the path too boot my hard drive... In the command prompt I said  bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\ I then reset my computer and now I get a "Internal...