Windows 10: Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data

Discus and support Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am not sure this is a Microsoft question. I bought a new Dell with Windows 11 and Office 365. I removed the hard drive from another pc that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by awawbscwksks, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data

I am not sure this is a Microsoft question. I bought a new Dell with Windows 11 and Office 365. I removed the hard drive from another pc that was Windows 8.1. , Office 2007. When HD is inserted into a Sabrent docking station I see file folders but none of my data or programs, ie Word, Excel, etc. Same problem with a hard drive from computer with Windows 10, Office 2016. Is this a problem anyone has experienced?

:)

awawbscwksks, Jan 20, 2022

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Msap14 Win User
    Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Jan 20, 2022
  4. GKing Win User

Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data

1. Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data - Similar Threads - Hard drive recognizing

2. Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive not recognizing previous Windows/Office data: I am not sure this is a Microsoft question. I bought a new Dell with Windows 11 and Office 365. I removed the hard drive from another pc that was Windows 8.1. , Office 2007. When HD is inserted into a Sabrent docking station I see file folders but none of my data or programs,...
  3. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  4. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  5. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Windows not recognizing hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing hard drive.: I was testing some Windows ISOs and when i cleaned everything and get backed to original windows i didnt have my 2nd hard drive appearing in the file explorer.When I was testing this ISOs I messed with the BIOS but I'm not really good at tech so i think I kinda messed up?I...
  7. Recovery of previous Windows Installation as well as all data in it from a formatted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery of previous Windows Installation as well as all data in it from a formatted hard drive: Hello. I have a HP laptop that dual boots Windows 10 and Ubuntu Server 18.04.3.. I wanted to install an update to the Ubuntu server from a bootable USB drive with the version 18.04.4. I used a software called Unetbootin to create the bootable USB. The installation process...
  8. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: My second Hard Drive is not recognized. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-recognized/e93a541f-2e22-4896-88ab-3c2042aec8a6
  9. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing ssd drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  10. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: suddenly my external hard drive is not showing up in my pc however i can see it in devices and printers how can i fix this problem without losing all the information on my hard drive?...