Windows 10: Hard Drive Not Showing Up

Discus and support Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlieWeaver1, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

Hello, I have a hard drive installed, in a computer I just built, it shows up in my Asus bios and everything but it doesn't show up on my computer devices. It is so weird. Can someone help?

:)

CharlieWeaver1, Dec 29, 2019

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Hard Drive Not Showing Up

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Not Showing Up

1. Hard Drive Not Showing Up - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Showing

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  6. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  7. Hard Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  9. hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hard drive not showing up: my win 10 broke so i decided to reinstall win 10 by usb. before my win 10 broke it would show up that i had two drives now it doesn't. if i check disk management it on shows that i have only one drive submitted by /u/collsheryar [link] [comments]...
  10. External Hard Drive Not Showing UP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Not Showing UP: Hello, I am using a WD external hard drive to transfer files from one Windows 10 machine to others. The first machine saw the disk fine, and I added all of the data. The next two machines saw the disk fine, and I transferred all of the date. The fourth machine does not...