Windows 10: Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

Discus and support Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I would like to know if somebody can help me : I have 2 internal HDD of 500GB each for storage,,and one of them vanished from windows I can't see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaëlM, Jun 7, 2023.

1. MichaëlM Win User

Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

Hi,I would like to know if somebody can help me : I have 2 internal HDD of 500GB each for storage,,and one of them vanished from windows I can't see it ,the disk management can't detect it anymore.It's powerd,it's rotating,it's not the power or sata plug, itried to swap them with the other disk ,they workI don't know what to do ,i would like to get my datas back.Thanks for your help

:)

MichaëlM, Jun 7, 2023
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore 131013d1492686350t-external-hard-drive-wd-elements-visible-pw-but-not-explorer-1.png

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore 131015d1492686463t-external-hard-drive-wd-elements-visible-pw-but-not-explorer-2.png

cobrasl, Jun 7, 2023
  3. jay2291 Win User
    Internal Hard drive visible but not accessible.

Hard drive is visible on computer, but cannot access, and crashes windows when clicked. visible as Local disk (EHard drive not visible and accessible anymore :). Running windows 7.

jay2291, Jun 7, 2023
  4. Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

1. Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore - Similar Threads - Hard drive visible

2. Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11: I have a Dell Inspiron 3910 Desktop with a 2TB Seagate HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102 and an SSD. Windows boots from the SSD, and that works fine and as expected. The 2TB HDD is for data only.The HDD is no longer visible from Windows in any way I can think of, including:File...
  3. Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Visible in BIOS and Passes Diagnostics but Not Visible in Windows 11: I have a Dell Inspiron 3910 Desktop with a 2TB Seagate HDD ST2000DM008-2FR102 and an SSD. Windows boots from the SSD, and that works fine and as expected. The 2TB HDD is for data only.The HDD is no longer visible from Windows in any way I can think of, including:File...
  4. Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore: Hi,I would like to know if somebody can help me : I have 2 internal HDD of 500GB each for storage,,and one of them vanished from windows I can't see it ,the disk management can't detect it anymore.It's powerd,it's rotating,it's not the power or sata plug, itried to swap them...
  5. Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not visible and accessible anymore: Hi,I would like to know if somebody can help me : I have 2 internal HDD of 500GB each for storage,,and one of them vanished from windows I can't see it ,the disk management can't detect it anymore.It's powerd,it's rotating,it's not the power or sata plug, itried to swap them...
  6. D drive not visible or existent anymore

D drive not visible or existent anymore: I was moving files from my SSD C:\Users\<user> directory to my HDD D:\ drive.About 70% in the transfer process i received a error notification that the D drive can not be found.It does not appear in the device-manager, nor does it appear in the BIOS.How can a drive disappear...
  7. No access to hard drive

No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  8. Portable hard drive visible but not accessible

Portable hard drive visible but not accessible: Hey tech wizards! A Seagate freeagent go successfully accessed five days ago now shows up in file explorer as the Local Disk D: and Windows 10 dings when attached via USB. Selecting the drive produces the circle of death and progress bar in file explorer's drive path. In...
  9. external hard drive not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive not visible: I have acquired a disk caddy with the intention of using an old hard drive as a back-up drive but have found that although the arrangement works perfectly in my laptop it is totally invisible in my desktop. There is no ping when switched on and does not appear in device...
  10. External hard drive not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive not visible: Hi all, I have a 3TB external hard drive plugged in to my pc. I use it to stream movies and music to a couple of media players in the house via our wifi network. Recently it has disappeared from my view on the pc. When I plug it in via usb, nothing happens, yet when I plug...