Windows 10: Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

Discus and support Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A little background, I had a computer that had a WD external hard drive that i used for storage. I recently built a new PC, but and i would like to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShaneClayton1, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

A little background, I had a computer that had a WD external hard drive that i used for storage. I recently built a new PC, but and i would like to use this external hard drive on this new computer because it has the majority of my files. Anyways, I've plugged in my drive to my computer, i can hear it power on, but there is no notification of a drive being set up, and no indication that my computer recognizes my drive. I've tried switching USB ports, unplugging the drive, but nothing has worked. Please help me

:)

ShaneClayton1, Jul 24, 2020

2. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

Its nowhere to be seen under disk drives in device management as well

Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer 596fbe1c-cc8d-4b73-a63a-3853b8e0cbeb?upload=true.png

ShaneClayton1, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

A little background, I had a computer that had a WD external hard drive that i used for storage. I recently built a new PC, but and i would like to use this external hard drive on this new computer because it has the majority of my files. Anyways, I've
    plugged in my drive to my computer, i can hear it power on, but there is no notification of a drive being set up, and no indication that my computer recognizes my drive. I've tried switching USB ports, unplugging the drive, but nothing has worked. Please help
    me

ShaneClayton1, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

1. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer - Similar Threads - Hard drive nowhere

2. Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.: I have a usb hard drive that is attached to my router and uses R: on a desktop as its drive letter. However on 2 laptops it uses S:. How do I get the laptops to see and communicate with the hard drive?...
  3. Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.: I have a usb hard drive that is attached to my router and uses R: on a desktop as its drive letter. However on 2 laptops it uses S:. How do I get the laptops to see and communicate with the hard drive?...
  4. New 3rd Hard drive seen in BIOS but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New 3rd Hard drive seen in BIOS but not in Disk Management: I added a new 3rd SATA Seagate hard drive which appears in the BIOS in SATA 5 slot slot 4 is empty but the plug was harder to reach . It does not appear in Windows Disk Management or in Device Manager. Any suggestions?...
  5. Computer hard drive? Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer hard drive? Problems: I have looked on multiple sites for solutions but I am being tag teamed by multiple problems including Srt.TrailTxt aka automatic repair loop is the main one then from the left corner comes Write Protection to make sure I cannot use the ChkDsk command to fix it OK annoying...
  6. Computer/hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer/hard drive?: My computer keeps recycling to a blue screen and saying "your device ran into a problem" & needs to re-start. It gathers information."It lists "KMODE exception not handled'. When it gets to 100%, then it goes to the Gateway logo, "Preparing Automatic Repair" and starts all...
  7. Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not working - mouse drivers nowhere to be seen: I woke my HP Pavillion 15 up from sleep mode to find that my mouse courser had disappeared. Initially my touchpad was still in my settings yet nothing was working. I tried a few online solutions, to no avail. I restarted my laptop and upon restarting, in device manager...
  8. Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to...: I replaced the 1 Tb Dynamic hard drive Made by Microsoft in my laptop with a solid state drive and used the replaced drive to make an external drive with USB connection using a commercially available container. This drive is not accessible on my PC. I can see the drive on...
  9. update failed computer won't boot no hard drive seen windows 10

update failed computer won't boot no hard drive seen windows 10: My dell laptop decided to update windows 10. It was stuck at 90% for 36 hours. I decided to turn it off and back on despite the warning not to. Now it's dead. My Macrium backup tells me there is no local hard drive. I can't figure out how to do a complete factory restore with...
  10. New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB

New PC Windows on Single 3TB Hard Drive, Seen as 746GB: Hi, I recently acquired a second-hand PC that had everything working fine but lacked a hard drive. I bought a 3TB HDD and installed it. Afterwards, I installed Windows 7 (because I had a key for it), and then I upgraded to Windows 10 because I prefer it. I noticed as...