Windows 10: hard drive on hp notebook laptop

Discus and support hard drive on hp notebook laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently acquired an hp laptop and it said install operating system and cannot find boot device. I ran the test on the hard drive and it failed so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackgoodin, Feb 1, 2020.

1. hard drive on hp notebook laptop

I recently acquired an hp laptop and it said install operating system and cannot find boot device. I ran the test on the hard drive and it failed so I replaced it with a 500gb hd I was using in my desktop for recording music for extra storage. I ran the test again and it came back fine. im putting windows 10 on a usb right not to install in the laptop. are there going to be any other drives or anything I need to get the computer back up and running?

:)

jackgoodin, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 1, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    HP Laptop Black Screen on boot

You have probably checked HP's documents on this issue? If not, try Step 3 here: hp support document/c03518165

AndreTen, Feb 1, 2020
  4. hard drive on hp notebook laptop

Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

hard drive on hp notebook laptop

1. hard drive on hp notebook laptop - Similar Threads - hard drive notebook

2. HP laptop hard drive issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP laptop hard drive issue: Hello my hp laptop is stuck on a bios update and it keeps on failing so i runed the hard drive test and it failed the quick hard drive test and the exstensive hard drive test...
  3. HP 1KU84UA#ABA Laptop Hard Drive Failing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 1KU84UA#ABA Laptop Hard Drive Failing: I have my daughter's HP 1KU84UA#ABA laptop here for updating. However, when I turn it on, I get a notice that the hard drive is going to fail: SMART Hard Disk Error The SMART hard disk check has detected an iminent failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the...
  4. Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop: This is a simple question. I do not see the presence of my SC card in the Drives so I cannot see what is on it. Only C and D are showing up. I have successfully taken photos with it on my Canon PowerShot. Andwhy do I not see the icon in the hidden icons for removing the sd...
  5. Internal Hard Drive on Notebook

Internal Hard Drive on Notebook: Hello, I am using a Windows 10 on Asus Notebook. And sometimes when I just turn it on and wanted to use it, the internal hard drive is not available. Sometimes it also disconnected when I am using it. A restart did solve it temporarily but sometimes it is not. I tried to...
  6. HP NOTEBOOK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP NOTEBOOK: my question is related with the My notebook HP Blue 14 Stream. it is says Boot Device Not Found Hard disk (3F0) and asking to me Administrator Password which I don't know. [i 85974838] HELP PLEASE !!!!...
  7. adding Bluetooth to a HP 15 Notebook laptop

adding Bluetooth to a HP 15 Notebook laptop: My HP Laptop doesn't have Bluetooth on it so my question is is there a way to put it on manually? If so How and please I'm a disabled man with little computer experience so I would appreciate a step by step instructions on how to get it on my laptop if there's even a way to...
  8. HP 2570 Hard drive

HP 2570 Hard drive: My Hard drive seems to be always nearly full and I cannot account for what is on there. I am not a gamer and do not save any Video files. I suspect that backups are being saved automatically, but I don't know how to view or change this process. Can anyone tell me how I...
  9. notebook hp

notebook hp: Why does my system not respond to commands even typing there is a delay also loose connection to internet 50% of the time when searching the web ? Thank you 74150
  10. New Hard drive Not showing up on HP laptop

New Hard drive Not showing up on HP laptop: I just bought a new hard drive from best buy, its a western digital Blue 500gb hard drive, the old one was failing and causing windows to run slow so I bought this one to fix it. When I try to install the new OS into the blank hard disk it doesnt show up on the list, nothing...