Windows 10: Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

Discus and support Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, all. I'm having an issue where I can't defragment/optimize my hard drive. I am able to successfully initiate the defragementation/optimization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristianBethel, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

Hello, all. I'm having an issue where I can't defragment/optimize my hard drive. I am able to successfully initiate the defragementation/optimization process from the built-in defragmenter program, but when it finishes I still see the "Needs Optimization" message, as if nothing happened. What's going on?

:)

ChristianBethel, Feb 7, 2020

2. Disk optimization and defragmentation

Hi,

It is basically the same thing.

Microsoft decided to change the name.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/3064207/speed-up-your-computer

Defragment your hard disk

One of the best ways to help improve your device’s performance is
    by optimizing the hard drive
    . Optimize Drives, previously known as Disk Defragmenter, is a Windows feature that helps optimize different types of drives. The feature runs automatically on a weekly schedule, but you can
    also run Optimize Drives manually

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Optime Drive - Doesn't Recognize External Hard Drive

When I Select "Defragment and Optimize Drives" my external USB 3.0 hard drive is not among the drives listed that can be analyzed or optimized. The reply to another similar post suggested reading and following the recommendations in a separate
    article "Optimize Windows for better performance" which I did but found no useful information there. Any other suggestions
    or alternatives?

RonKockler, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

defragmentation

It's changed names.

It is called "Optimize Drives" Tool.

It is an automatic process.

Optimize Drives, previously called Disk Defragmenter, runs automatically on a weekly schedule. But you can also optimize drives on your PC manually.

This should assist you.

"Improve performance by optimizing your drive"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

To optimize drives manually

1. Open Optimize Drives by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping
      Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the uper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking
      Search), entering Defragment in the search box, and then tapping or clicking
      Defragment and optimize your drives.
    2. etc.

To change the optimization schedule

1. Open Optimize Drives by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping
      Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the uper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking
      Search), entering Defragment in the search box, and then tapping or clicking
      Defragment and optimize your drives.
    2. Tap or click Change settings.
      Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation 1f9463c2-c968-47bf-9b4d-939c5d1af477_70.jpg
      You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    3. etc.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

1. Hard Drive Optimization/Defragmentation - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Optimization

2. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive: SirI am unable to do disk defragmentation of Dell Laptop Hard drive other than SSD.It show a message any disk optimization when I click on OPTIMIZATION, NO action was performed. I have Windows 100 as operating system.Please help me...
  3. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive: SirI am unable to do disk defragmentation of Dell Laptop Hard drive other than SSD.It show a message any disk optimization when I click on OPTIMIZATION, NO action was performed. I have Windows 100 as operating system.Please help me...
  4. Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling SSD Scheduled optimization Defragmentation: I've read that one of the hints to increase the SSD's lifespan and to prevent losing data is through: Optimize Drives / Scheduled optimization / Off Disable. Is that true? Can disabling the scheduled optimization frequency e.g. weekly prevent early damage of SSD? What...
  5. Can't optimize hard drive!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't optimize hard drive!: [ATTACH] Please help! My Pc has been VERY laggy lately! I'm trying to optimize this volume "δεσμεύμενο απο το σύστημα" Which translates into "committed to the system" volume, and it just... won't work!...
  6. Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Off Drive Optimization/Defragmentation: I need to turn completely turn off drive optimization. In "Optimize Drive" I did turn off scheduled optimization. Even so, optimization/defragmentation WAS performed, anyway. I have assumed this is due to "Automatic Maintenance", and a search showed me how to make a...
  7. optimizing hard disk drive

optimizing hard disk drive: I am able to optimize the windows (c) hard disk drive with the utility in the control panel. It does not work with the system hard disk drive which is 100% fragmented. Is this a problem and how do I fix it? I sometimes experience a momentary blue screen when computer exits...
  8. Commands, defragmentation, optimization in command prompt

Commands, defragmentation, optimization in command prompt: Hello, Please be sure to give me some commands in the prompt to defragment, optimize and increase the hard drive performance. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  9. Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop: Hello, Dear madam/Sir, I ask you kindly to help me, and me to do a thorough cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, the performance of the operating system of the laptop. Mention that stand between 1-2 minutes to open a page on Google and partitions in my document. Wait...
  10. Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop

Cleaning, optimization, Defragmentation, performance of the laptop: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, kindly help me and me to do cleaning, optimization, defragmentation, system operating performance of the laptop. Mention that stand between 1-2 minutes to open a page on Google and partitions in My document. Wait for response! A great day!...