Windows 10: Hard Drive partitioning 1000 GB Windows 10 home

Discus and support Hard Drive partitioning 1000 GB Windows 10 home in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me to partition your Windows 10 home hard drive (how many GBs do I have on partition C and how many GBs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hard Drive partitioning 1000 GB Windows 10 home

Hello,

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me to partition your Windows 10 home hard drive (how many GBs do I have on partition C and how many GBs I need on the other partitions). How many GB and partitions do I need to have Windows 10 home?
    A great day!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Oct 16, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    PARTITIONING AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

Hi,

Here are the steps:

• Log on to your Windows 10 PC with an administrator account. (The process of creating partitions requires administrative privileges on the computer.)
    • Once logged on, click the File Explorer icon from the taskbar.
    • From the left pane (navigation pane) of the opened File Explorer window, right-click
      This PC.
    • From the context menu, click Manage.
    • On the opened Computer Management snap-in, from the left pane, click to select
      Disk Management from under the Storage category.
    • From the right pane, right-click the unallocated area of the hard disk drive in which you want to make partitions.

Note: If you have assigned the entirety of the hard drive’s space to the C: drive at the time of installing Windows 10, there will be no unallocated space left in the hard disk drive. If this happens and you still want to create a new partition,
      you must shrink the C: drive by right-clicking it, selecting the Shrink Volume option, and following the on-screen instructions to free up some space and to get the unallocated area.
    • From the context menu, click Create Simple Volume.
    • On the welcome page of the New Simple Volume Wizard box, click
      Next.
    • On the Specify Volume Size page, in the available Simple volume size in MB field, specify the amount of space you want to assign to this new partition. (Make sure to specify the space in megabytes, i.e. 10240 MB for 10 GB. 1 GB
      = 1024 MB.)
    • Click Next to continue.
    • On the Assign Drive Letter or Path page, leave everything as it is for simplicity, and click
      Next. (If you are an advanced user, you can choose a drive letter of your choice from the available
      Assign the following drive letter drop-down list.)
    • On the Format Partition page, choose the settings of your preference. (If you are unsure what to choose, leave the default settings intact.)
    • Click Next to proceed.
    • On the Completing the New Simple Volume Wizard page, click
      Finish to create a new partition in the hard disk drive.
    • Once the partition is created, you can start using it normally.
    • Note: Windows 10 may prompt you to format the new partition after it has been created.
    Hope this helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Dia01 Win User

Hard Drive partitioning 1000 GB Windows 10 home

Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive partitioning 1000 GB Windows 10 home

1. Hard Drive partitioning 1000 GB Windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Hard Drive partitioning

2. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  3. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  4. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  6. Partitioning Hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partitioning Hard drive: My hard disk performance is reduced drastically. Will partion help to increase performance. My pc is old and so hard disk. I only use it to store video files and other data....
  7. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...: Hello all, Which partitions can I safely delete on my hard drive please see image from Disk Manager? I really don't know diddly about this and don't want to delete something I will most surely regret. All I want on my primary drive is the essential stuff. Thank you....
  8. Hard drive partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions: I cloned my 1TB hard drive to my 4TB hard drive and there are 2 unallocated sotrage I can allocate one but I can't do anything with the other they are at C: 930.94GB G: 1116.49GB leaving me with 1678.02GB that I can't allocate or merge with any of the other 2 or merge all 3...
  9. Windows Partitions on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Partitions on Hard Drive: Can someone tell me what partitions I should have on my hard drive after I upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows Home Premium Build 10586. I have some new small partitions and I don't know if they belong to the OS or they got allocated from another source. 32507
  10. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...