Windows 10: Hard drive partitions are gone after Window 10 latest update

Discus and support Hard drive partitions are gone after Window 10 latest update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I have two partitions "D" & "E" that are now disappeared after Window 10 update. Even nothing is showing in "Disk Management". Does any one has any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WaseemCA, Sep 2, 2021.

1. WaseemCA Win User

Hard drive partitions are gone after Window 10 latest update

Hi,I have two partitions "D" & "E" that are now disappeared after Window 10 update. Even nothing is showing in "Disk Management". Does any one has any solution how to get this fixed. Here is my screen shot of "Disk Management".

:)

WaseemCA, Sep 2, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Hard drive partitions are gone after Window 10 latest update

hard partition

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to extend the Volume of Drives and create partitions from C: drive.

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + R keys, type diskmgmt.msc hit
      enter.
    • Disk management will open. Right click on the C: drive
      below in the segments of the partitions.
    • Select Shrink Volume. Select the Amount of space
      you want to extend in MBs (1GB = 1024MB).
    • Follow the instruction and check if it creates a Unallocated Drive.
    Later after the Unallocated drive is created follow the below steps to crate a partition.

• Right click on the Unallocated drive and select
      New Simple Volume.
    • Select the Drive letter and follow the instructions and check if it
      creates a partition.
    • Follow the same to Create partition.
    Note: C: drive must be not less than 100GB if you are using a 1TB hard drive. partitions must not be more than 3 drives to have a better functioning of the system.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Hard drive partitions are gone after Window 10 latest update

1. Hard drive partitions are gone after Window 10 latest update - Similar Threads - Hard drive partitions

2. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  3. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hard Drive Partition: I have a bunch of unallocated partitions on the left side of the C drive and I can't extend the C drive volume. How can I move those unallocated spaces to the right side of the C drive?...
  4. My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible: Sometimes I can not see and access my Hard-Drive partitions and the only thing that can be seen is the total Hard-Drive without any partitions in Disk Management only. Can not do anything about it. It has happened twice in the past and recovered automatically. But this time,...
  5. My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible: Sometimes I can not see and access my Hard-Drive partitions and the only thing that can be seen is the total Hard-Drive without any partitions in Disk Management only. Can not do anything about it. It has happened twice in the past and recovered automatically. But this time,...
  6. My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Partitioned drive gone after restoring Windows 10

Partitioned drive gone after restoring Windows 10: Greetings fellow earthlings,After trying to install the latest Win 10 update every which way and failing, I was left with one choice - Full restore via settings. The 4Tb Western Digital HDD had 2 main partitions - Drive C which is home to the OS , and Drive E - home to...
  8. Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...

Windows 10 Hard Drive Partitions ...: Hello all, Which partitions can I safely delete on my hard drive please see image from Disk Manager? I really don't know diddly about this and don't want to delete something I will most surely regret. All I want on my primary drive is the essential stuff. Thank you....
  9. Corrupted/Missing Hard drives partitions after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted/Missing Hard drives partitions after Windows Update.: Hi! I ran in unexpected and so frustrating problem as Windows Update corrupted my all partitions. EXCEPT NVME hard drive with itself. I heard of Windows Update deleting User profile data. I had backups of that but I would never thought that having more than one hard drive...
  10. Hard Drive Appears to be Partitioned after Windows update

Hard Drive Appears to be Partitioned after Windows update: I have a 1TB hard drive. There is a C Drive with 118GB of space and a D Drive with 918 GB of space. the C Drive is almost full and the D drive is empty. Any idea how I can get the D drive to be used?...