Windows 10: Hard drive parttition showing with question mark and is not accessible

Discus and support Hard drive parttition showing with question mark and is not accessible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have bought Dell laptop Alienware 15 R2 signature edition fromMicrosoft store , Eaton centreToronto in 2018. Facing some problem for last one year... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SPSINGH26, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SPSINGH26 Win User

Hard drive parttition showing with question mark and is not accessible

I have bought Dell laptop Alienware 15 R2 signature edition fromMicrosoft store , Eaton centreToronto in 2018.

Facing some problem for last one year but now it is unbearable.

1., Since long, It began to take longer duration in starting up though There is 50% empty storage in drive C.

2., Now since last 6 months, Many times, Drive D will appear with a question mark in explorer and would not allow to access any doc there.

3., Now since 3 months, Drive D always comes with a question mark and I am not able to access my docs there.

4., It takes much longer time to start this laptop.

5., Already processed the solution given by you to another customer for updating drivers. Did it from Dell's website through system tab in computer.

Please provide me with solution ASAP

:)

SPSINGH26, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Time Lady Win User

Blue question mark over my hard drive?

Is the device ‘seen’ under disk management?

Is the device ‘seen’ under My Computer?

Does the hard drive have a letter assigned?

I’ve found this here
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
    which fixed the same problem for the user but in their case their hard drive was hidden:

[Start] [Run] [Regedit]

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

Data Type: REG_SZ [String Value] // Value Name: DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES

Modify/Create the Value Name [DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES] according to the Value Data listed below.

Value Data: [1 = Show Devices / 0 = Hide Devices]

Time Lady, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

D Drive has a Question Mark, can't access it, everything is gone!

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you cannot access D drive is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What is the error message that you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Hard drive parttition showing with question mark and is not accessible - Similar Threads - Hard drive parttition

2. Help with missing hard drive and question mark on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with missing hard drive and question mark on hard drive.: This all happened after I installed by motherboard and everything else onto my new pc case. Here are images showing that my disk drive /F shows but I cannot use it. Same goes for C although it appears I can't install anything onto it. If you need any information please ask I...
  3. Help with missing hard drive and question mark on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with missing hard drive and question mark on hard drive.: This all happened after I installed by motherboard and everything else onto my new pc case. Here are images showing that my disk drive /F shows but I cannot use it. Same goes for C although it appears I can't install anything onto it. If you need any information please ask I...
  4. Help with missing hard drive and question mark on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive with question mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive with question mark: [NOTICE: I posted this twice, once with the "Files, folders, and storage" topic and once again with "Devices and drivers" topic]I found an old hard drive of mine and was wanting to get some old video footage off it. When I plugged it into my pc it came up as "F:\" with a blue...
  6. Hard drive with question mark

Hard drive with question mark: [NOTICE: I posted this twice, once with the "Files, folders, and storage" topic and once again with "Devices and drivers" topic]I found an old hard drive of mine and was wanting to get some old video footage off it. When I plugged it into my pc it came up as "F:\" with a blue...
  7. Hard drive with question mark

8. Hard drive with question mark

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Hard drive with question mark

10. blue question mark on my hard drive

blue question mark on my hard drive: hello, i have a problem every time i keep my PC on to download games, after a while the D drive gets a blue question mark on it as if its not available. when i restart the PC the drives comes back as normal but after while it happens again. its a 2TB drive and a new...