Windows 10: Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating

Discus and support Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anybody heard of this? Why would there be a need for such? How does one update a platter? In or out of Windows 10? 118097 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating

Has anybody heard of this?

Why would there be a need for such?

How does one update a platter? In or out of Windows 10?

:)

mikeincousa, Sep 18, 2018

2. PS3 and PSP firmware updated

Sony has updated the firmware for its two most recent consoles, with a few improvements for each. The PS3 firmware has been updated to version 1.70, which will enable gamers to play PS1 software purchased from the PlayStation Store (previously only playable on the PSP) and will allow the use of the vibration function of accessories when playing PlayStation and PlayStation 2 titles (not PS3 games unfortunately, but a step forwards). The PlayStation Store still lists all classic titles as being for the PSP, but this may be changed when it’s updated later this week. As for the PSP, the firmware has been updated to version 3.40, with the most noticeable changes being improved support for PlayStation Network titles and a changed method for managing certificates under [Game]. Apparently with the new firmware, gamers can share save data between both consoles allowing PS1 titles to be continued on the move and at home.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 18, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating

Seagate Ups Storage Density With Single Platter 500GB HDD

Seagate, a vetran with fixed data storage solutions, already holds the reputation of making the conventional HDD with the highest unformatted capacity, 1.5TB. The company now looks to step-up the per-platter storage density with the introduction of high-capcity HDDs with single platters.

Hard drives with single platters are not only economical to manufacture and sell, but also could actually have lower access times since data is read and written on only two surfaces (either sides of a platter). The first in line will be the 500GB Seagate Barracuda (model: ST3500410AS) under the new 7200.12 series which is yet to be announced. As the name suggests the drive will have spindle speeds of 7,200 rpm. The drive will have a 16 MB cache and will use the standard SATA II interface. These drives will be available in the first week of January, priced under 50€.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating

1. Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Platter

2. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  3. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firmware update: My laptop got restarted after update and now it's has been frozen since one hour on this. Can anyone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firmware-update/584bd16e-a618-4c78-baeb-da7bcc9fe8c6
  4. Samsung external drive lost after firmware update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Samsung external drive lost after firmware update: My Lenovo ThinkCentre 70S showed in File Explorer as empty, with its label changed to ‘local disk’. The security settings on two folders were lost - they were previously on another partition of the main drive. Is there way of correcting the situation? I have found a...
  5. Samsung external drive lost after firmware update

Samsung external drive lost after firmware update: My Lenovo ThinkCentre 70S showed in File Explorer as empty, with its label changed to ‘local disk’. The security settings on two folders were lost - they were previously on another partition of the main drive. Is there way of correcting the situation? I have found a...
  6. Samsung external drive lost after firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  8. Firmware update

Firmware update: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=uefi%5Cres_%7B12b99262-648c-4365-bafd-eb869fb72094%7DHi, I need documentation for these two files in the link are the above updates compatible with my device if someone pointed out the link to the documentation thanks in...
  9. Firmware update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Platter Firmware Updating: Has anybody heard of this? Why would there be a need for such? How does one update a platter? In or out of Windows 10? 118097