Windows 10: Hard drive problem, constaint 100%

Discus and support Hard drive problem, constaint 100% in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have done everything i can possibly think of to access a storage drive that started to act weird a few days ago. I cant have it directly plugged into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ryuusin, May 3, 2022.

1. Ryuusin Win User

Hard drive problem, constaint 100%

I have done everything i can possibly think of to access a storage drive that started to act weird a few days ago. I cant have it directly plugged into my pc cause the HD causes the entire computer to not function. File explore will crash constantly, Programs will take minutes to start up when normally its instant. starting windows from shut down i can get into the login screen in 10 seconds, with the HD plugged in it takes an average of 4 min to get to the login. On the occasion file explore dont crash and i click on the drive, it tells me the drive cant be accessed cause its not formatted to

:)

Ryuusin, May 3, 2022

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 3, 2022
  3. little cat, May 3, 2022
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, May 3, 2022
Thema:

1. Hard drive problem, constaint 100% - Similar Threads - Hard drive problem

2. hard drive at 100% utilization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive at 100% utilization: why is my hard drive at 100% utilization? I do not have a lot open so it makes no sense that it is at 100% utilization. This never changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-at-100-utilization/18093479-0c04-4ed7-b2b1-482432d7a621
  3. hard drive at 100% utilization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive at 100% utilization: why is my hard drive at 100% utilization? I do not have a lot open so it makes no sense that it is at 100% utilization. This never changes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-at-100-utilization/18093479-0c04-4ed7-b2b1-482432d7a621
  4. hard drive at 100% utilization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard drive problem, constaint 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive problem, constaint 100%: I have done everything i can possibly think of to access a storage drive that started to act weird a few days ago. I cant have it directly plugged into my pc cause the HD causes the entire computer to not function. File explore will crash constantly, Programs will take...
  6. Hard drive problem, constaint 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive problem, constaint 100%: I have done everything i can possibly think of to access a storage drive that started to act weird a few days ago. I cant have it directly plugged into my pc cause the HD causes the entire computer to not function. File explore will crash constantly, Programs will take...
  7. 100% Hard Drive Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Hard Drive Usage: I did a reset on my laptop and it took more than three hours to finish the reset. And after the reset my hard drive is taking 100% of usage allways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-hard-drive-usage/ad56032e-8213-4046-a4c5-3c12c0d4c8db
  8. External Hard-drive at 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard-drive at 100%: My external hard-drive is constantly running at 100% for no reason. I have no idea what could be causing this and the fact that it's an external hard drive makes it a bit harder to solve as I'm not sure how to check what's taking it up. Thanks!...
  9. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive: Hello Dear Sir how can i solve this problem can you guide me to fix this problem please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-100-usage-of-hard-drive/3be20a83-290a-4cbd-8f49-7f7264b3fa06
  10. computer freeze, hard drive 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freeze, hard drive 100%: okay, whatever this issue is its getting on my nerves. this never happened on any other os besides 10. everyday at random (while gaming), ill have these freeze/hangs that boosts my hard drive activity to 100% and makes the game freeze. itll sit here for a minute or more! and...