Windows 10: Hard drive problem with Windows Booting

Discus and support Hard drive problem with Windows Booting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows on my laptop can't boot and the technician said that Hard Drive2TB has gone wrong. But ubuntu bootson same hard drive and works perfectly fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SasikanthCS, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Hard drive problem with Windows Booting

Windows on my laptop can't boot and the technician said that Hard Drive2TB has gone wrong. But ubuntu bootson same hard drive and works perfectly fine. Finally I had to replace my hard drive. What actually happened? Is it possible to use some part of the hard drive for storage?

:)

SasikanthCS, Jul 8, 2021
  2. little cat, Jul 8, 2021
  3. GKing Win User
    Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Hard drive problem with Windows Booting

Windows 7 booting off wrong drive?!?!?

Please move if this is in the wrong place.

I have two hard drives, a 1.5TB drive, and a 160GB drive. Windows is installed on the 1.5TB drive, as are all my files and programs. The 160GB drive has a bunch of old files, and apparently the bootmgr and boot folder. Nothing else is on the 160GB drive, other than media files etc.

If I remove the 160GB drive from the machine, windows refuses to boot, plug it back in, it works fine. The setup with two hard drives I have now is temporary, as the 160GB drive will go into another machine.

My question is, can someone give me a step by step on how to make windows force to boot off the 1.5TB drive, ignoring the 160GB drive in the boot process completely?
    I don't know how to do this in Windows 7, on XP I would just run the /fixmbr command and its related ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Note: I would really really rather not have to wipe and reinstall, I know it can be done without one as I've had this issue with XP before.

speedy11131, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Hard drive problem with Windows Booting

1. Hard drive problem with Windows Booting - Similar Threads - Hard drive problem

2. hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive problem: after formatting my pc when i shuting down my pc and turn on it say not bootable device found in every shutdown must to installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-problem/40b5440e-7efa-4a87-a112-466985b71eab
  3. hard drive problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive problem: after formatting my pc when i shuting down my pc and turn on it say not bootable device found in every shutdown must to installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-problem/40b5440e-7efa-4a87-a112-466985b71eab
  4. Problem with Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Hard Drive: There is some problem with my hard drive I am not able to copy files even less than an MB, sometimes folder takes time to load and in the meantime, file explorer doesn't respond. Sometimes opening some folder a popup occurs saying location unavailable and after refreshing,...
  5. two hard drives boot problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    two hard drives boot problem: I have 1 250gb ssd drive with windows 7 and 1 500gb ssd drive with windows 10. Both boot up ok on their own, but if I connect both together screen shows attempting to repair drive c: then blue screen attempting repairs then failed to repair with no error code. Any ideas...
  6. Hard drive problems?

Hard drive problems?: Hello my lenovo loptop ideapad 100-15ISK is suddenly down and im not sure but when windows didn’t load properly and then from then on it had boot problems after that i tried searhing for solutions through automatic repair advanced options cmd method and i type C: or the...
  7. hard drive problem

hard drive problem: hello, since about a month ago i have been getting hard drive problems, i first got a bsod saying 'inaccessible boot device', after a bit of research i found that my hard drive had totally deleted windows, all of my files and all my games. i had no input on this happening....
  8. Hard Drive Problem

Hard Drive Problem: I bought a Seagate Expansion Portable Drive. It worked fine for a few days. But It stopped working suddenly. I read Microsoft's Blog about this error. But it didnt work. It continues to give me Disc Write Error. Even tried to format it on Command Prompt. Once it plugs in, It...
  9. Hard Drive Problem

Hard Drive Problem: I've been using Commodo Icedragon Browser for several months with no problem. Last night, I got a pop-up that said it was updated with a notice if I wanted to install Commodo Cloud A/V. I declined and closed the pop-up. Next thing, my computer is slow, stutters, and freezing....
  10. Hard drive in a caddy causing boot problems

Hard drive in a caddy causing boot problems: Hi. I recently installed a fresh Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I was having some problems and so I made a post on this forum. That post can be seen following this link: Factory reset laptop that has had an upgrade to SSD by cloning old HD That has been solved in a weird...