Windows 10: Hard drive question!

Discus and support Hard drive question! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short I am very frustrated with Windows. I switched to Mac years ago but still pull my old PC out every once in a while to game. However I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gknight710, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Hard drive question!

Long story short I am very frustrated with Windows. I switched to Mac years ago but still pull my old PC out every once in a while to game. However I got locked out of it and when I try to factory reset my computer I get errors. I’ve had nothing but issues with it. With that being said, can I buy a hard drive with windows 10 preloaded on it from eBay it something and it’ll work? The computer is currently bricked and won’t do anything. TIA

submitted by /u/gknight710
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gknight710, Jan 20, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 20, 2020
  3. little cat, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Hard drive question!

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive question!

1. Hard drive question! - Similar Threads - Hard drive question

2. Hard drive with question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive with question mark: [NOTICE: I posted this twice, once with the "Files, folders, and storage" topic and once again with "Devices and drivers" topic]I found an old hard drive of mine and was wanting to get some old video footage off it. When I plugged it into my pc it came up as "F:\" with a blue...
  3. Hard drive with question mark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive with question mark: [NOTICE: I posted this twice, once with the "Files, folders, and storage" topic and once again with "Devices and drivers" topic]I found an old hard drive of mine and was wanting to get some old video footage off it. When I plugged it into my pc it came up as "F:\" with a blue...
  4. Hard drive with question mark

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard Drive Questions

Hard Drive Questions: Hello All Wondering for best compatiblity if i should try to find a Western Digital Black 2TB or it doesn't matter and will work fine with my Western Digital Blue 250GB SSD if i go for say a Seagate 2TB storage drive, Right now have Toshiba 1tb storage drive, kinda thinking...
  6. External Hard Drive Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    External Hard Drive Questions: I am looking at getting an External Hard Drive for Christmas to back up all of my photos to it since I take a lot of pictures. I don’t want to waste my PC’s storage on pictures. My Hard Drive on my HP PC is 1TB. What storage capacity should I go with for an External Hard...
  7. Advance hard drive question.

Advance hard drive question.: Hello all, New here. I have a question about advance format 4k hardrives. I have been putting desktops together from various parts from the thrift store the past few years. All machines work okay, but I ran into this advanced format stuff when formatting a drive. Been...
  8. Hard Drive question

Hard Drive question: Hello Guys, I know this sounds like a hardware question, but I couldn't find the Ten Forums version of the Seven Forums ''Seagate for Dos, how to use'' anywhere after a search. If I may.. does anyone here know how the bad sector repair functions? After performing a long...
  9. Hard drive recovery question

Hard drive recovery question: So i messed up and changed something around with how the files work on my slave drive and rendered it unusable. Now the drive is in RAW format. I ran Easeus data recovery and was able to get access to the files on that drive. I have two options, since i haven't enough...
  10. Hard Driving Cloning Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Driving Cloning Question: I am looking to upgrade a computer in my office to Windows 10 once it comes out. This computer needs to have its hard drive replicated. Currently we have two option to clone the hard drive, hardware based and software based cloning. Has anyone tried either method of cloning?...