Windows 10: hard drive quit windows 7 or 10

Discus and support hard drive quit windows 7 or 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My hard drive crashed. I had the free upgrade to windows 10. The recovery disc was windows 7. Do i have to buy windows 10 to upgrade or can I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillGarrett2, Jun 24, 2020.

1. hard drive quit windows 7 or 10

My hard drive crashed. I had the free upgrade to windows 10. The recovery disc was windows 7. Do i have to buy windows 10 to upgrade or can I get the free upgrade?

:)

BillGarrett2, Jun 24, 2020
  2. little cat, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 24, 2020
  4. hard drive quit windows 7 or 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

hard drive quit windows 7 or 10

1. hard drive quit windows 7 or 10 - Similar Threads - hard drive quit

2. Using a Windows 7 hard drive on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a Windows 7 hard drive on Windows 10?: Hi so I’ve just built a new computer and am currently installing windows 10 onto the SSD. The HDD which I want to use in the computer is from my old PC and has Windows 7 installed so I’m just wondering how I go about getting all of my old files and programs onto Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 reinstallation after failed windows 7 hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstallation after failed windows 7 hard drive: When the free upgrade became available I cloned my mechanical hard drive that was windows 7. I then disconnected that original windows hard drive and replaced it with the newly cloned windows 7 drive in a SSD version and then upgraded that to windows 10. That worked...
  4. External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10: Hello guys, hope all is well. So i my old laptop were starting to crash and i backed up all my files in an external hard drive ( Storejet Transcend USB 2Tb ) and it works fine on my laptop which have windows 7 64 bit, but when i bought my new PC which have Win 10. It does not...
  5. Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....

Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....: I have two hard drives on my Desktop PC. One hard drive has Windows 10, the other hard disk has Windows 7. I have been multi-booting by changing which disk to boot in Bios. I would like to clone my Windows 10 to a second partition on the hard drive that has my Windows 7 hard...
  6. Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....

in Windows 10 Support
    Migrating Windows 10 to Second Partition on a Windows 7 Hard Drive....: I have two hard drives on my Desktop PC. One hard drive has Windows 10, the other hard disk has Windows 7. I have been multi-booting by changing which disk to boot in Bios. I would like to clone my Windows 10 to a second partition on the hard drive that has my Windows 7 hard...
  7. External Hard Drive recognised on Windows 7 not on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive recognised on Windows 7 not on Windows 10: Hi, Just plugged in my Toshiba external Hard Drive to receive an error " Unknown USB Device (Invalid Configuration Descriptor)" I cannot format the Drive, as I will lose all my data, why does this not work with Windows 10, or how do I resolve this issue and get it...
  8. Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10

Hard drive reformatting from windows 7 to 10: I have a 750 GB external hard drive with many files on it which has worked fine on windows 7. I am currently on a computer which runs windows 10 and requests formatting for it to open files, with a warning that if I format all data could be lost. Thanks for your assitance...
  9. DVD Drives Quit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drives Quit: Both DVD drive quit working,is there a easy fix for this? [img] [img] 44300
  10. Partition hard drive to install Windows 7

Partition hard drive to install Windows 7: Hello all, I've already upgraded to Windows 10 on my desktop PC, and there were no issues with the upgrade. However, I work from home and my work has informed me that they won't accept Windows 10, they will only accept 7 or 8.1 as their operating system (they also only...