Windows 10: Hard Drive randomly disconnecting

Discus and support Hard Drive randomly disconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys! It has been problem after problem with this PC and Windows 10. Now at the moment, I have had issues with my external hard drives randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeadSonRisingxD, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Hard Drive randomly disconnecting

Hey guys!

It has been problem after problem with this PC and Windows 10. Now at the moment, I have had issues with my external hard drives randomly disconnecting. A few days back, both were randomly disconnecting then reconnecting while not in use. When replugging the USB, this kept giving me a Bluescreen then in the end it caused power failure where my PC couldn't keep power for more than a second or two. After taking out and putting back in the RAM, it revived it back to life and have had no such issue as yet.... untill today.

Am currently copying files over from my external to a friend external hard drive. Now my hard drive keeps randomly disconnecting then reconnecting very frequently, and it becoming very fustrating.

If anyone may have an idea what the issue is? Would be very much appreciated.

:)

DeadSonRisingxD, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Yayen Win User

TMOBILE Dash, service completely shut off... pls help ASAP

but the unit was fine before the hard reset until one day it just started losing service in places where i would have service usually.... and it randomly connects and then randomly disconnects...

Yayen, Aug 9, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Hard Drive Disconnection

Number 1 this is not Microsoft Support. This forum is made up of user that are helping each other.

Have you looked in Disk Management?

Have you looked in Device manager?

lacrumb, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Hard Drive randomly disconnecting

1. Hard Drive randomly disconnecting - Similar Threads - Hard Drive randomly

2. My external Hard Drive disconnects... always

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external Hard Drive disconnects... always: Just bought a new laptop... never had issues with the old one but with the new one running windows 11, my SSD disconnects. I have tried just about everything that has been suggested to get that hard drive to stay connected:- Changed USB selective suspend setting to Disabled-...
  3. These appeared on my external hard drive which keeps randomly disconnecting and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These appeared on my external hard drive which keeps randomly disconnecting and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dreamcastboy99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9r55s/these_appeared_on_my_external_hard_drive_which/
  4. Hard Drives Keep Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard Drives Keep Disconnecting: [ATTACH] Hello guys, I just connected eight 10 TB hard drives to my PC through USB 3.1. I am using the Mediasonic 8 bay enclosure found here. It's connected to the PC running Windows 10 on Asus' Z370 motherboard. When I'm copying files to the drives (3 or 4 copy...
  5. External hard drive constantly disconnecting and disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive constantly disconnecting and disconnecting: I have a brand new device and I tried to plug in my hard drive to retrieve some of my files but the hard drive kept disconnecting from my device and I was unable to keep it open for more than two minutes at a time. Sometimes it would show the error message "a device which...
  6. External hard drive disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive disconnecting randomly: I resently bought a seagate expansion plus 4t external hard drive with the intention to download games on it and play them from there. The problem is that if I leave it going to download a game it will after a while disconnect and then reconnect leaving me with a disc write...
  7. external hard drive is connecting and the disconnecting.

external hard drive is connecting and the disconnecting.: I have a Seagate 5 TB external hard drive. I've had it for years. We have had it hooked up to our xbox. Today we turned on the xbox and it wasn't registering that the external hard drive was connected. So I hooked the external hard drive up to my Alienware laptop. It does not...
  8. Disconnect or Unmap External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnect or Unmap External Hard Drive: I have an external hard drive to which I do routine manual backups. I would like to be able to disconnect this drive without having to "pull the plug." The reason for this is that Ransomware will infect ALL connected drives. So I would like to disconnect it when not in use,...
  9. External Hard Drive Disconnected.

External Hard Drive Disconnected.: I tried to format my external hard drive to clear it out so I could start fresh with windows backup automatic in windows 10. Now I no longer have my (E:) drive under disk management. I have a disk 0 and 1 but do not know what they are. Under device manager it shows as...
  10. Disconnect internal hard drive externally

Disconnect internal hard drive externally: Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd. Ron 98831