Windows 10: Hard Drive randomly disconnecting

Discus and support Hard Drive randomly disconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys! It has been problem after problem with this PC and Windows 10. Now at the moment, I have had issues with my external hard drives randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeadSonRisingxD, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Hard Drive randomly disconnecting

Hey guys!

It has been problem after problem with this PC and Windows 10. Now at the moment, I have had issues with my external hard drives randomly disconnecting. A few days back, both were randomly disconnecting then reconnecting while not in use. When replugging the USB, this kept giving me a Bluescreen then in the end it caused power failure where my PC couldn't keep power for more than a second or two. After taking out and putting back in the RAM, it revived it back to life and have had no such issue as yet.... untill today.

Am currently copying files over from my external to a friend external hard drive. Now my hard drive keeps randomly disconnecting then reconnecting very frequently, and it becoming very fustrating.

If anyone may have an idea what the issue is? Would be very much appreciated.

:)

DeadSonRisingxD, Aug 9, 2015
  2. Yayen Win User

TMOBILE Dash, service completely shut off... pls help ASAP

but the unit was fine before the hard reset until one day it just started losing service in places where i would have service usually.... and it randomly connects and then randomly disconnects...

Yayen, Aug 9, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Hard Drive Disconnection

Number 1 this is not Microsoft Support. This forum is made up of user that are helping each other.

Have you looked in Disk Management?

Have you looked in Device manager?

lacrumb, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Hard Drive randomly disconnecting

1. Hard Drive randomly disconnecting - Similar Threads - Hard Drive randomly

2. Can't disconnect external hard drive safely?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't disconnect external hard drive safely?: I connected two external hard drives last night to transfer information, I then tried removing them as I believed all was done but the external hard drive I was transferring onto was still in use and couldn't be removed so I left the computer running all night hoping it would...
  3. Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal hard drive disconnecting entirely during use.: My internal hard drive is completely disconnecting from the motherboard while i am using my computer and it causes most of windows processes to go into not responding to the point of me having to use commands to restart my computer as even task manager immediately goes not...
  4. DVD RW Drive (D:) installs and then disconnects at random

DVD RW Drive (D:) installs and then disconnects at random: I cannot keep DVD RW Drive (D:) up and running. Device shows it is running properly. Latest drivers. How is this corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dvd-rw-drive-d-installs-and-then-disconnects-at/2a3e4d00-30ae-401a-a6b7-49684ef93b83
  5. External Hard Drive Disconnected.

External Hard Drive Disconnected.: I tried to format my external hard drive to clear it out so I could start fresh with windows backup automatic in windows 10. Now I no longer have my (E:) drive under disk management. I have a disk 0 and 1 but do not know what they are. Under device manager it shows as...
  6. Using Hard Drive Toaster with 2 Drives = frequent disconnects

Using Hard Drive Toaster with 2 Drives = frequent disconnects: Hi there, As the forum topic states, I have two hard drives (one 500 gigs and another 6TB) in a hard drive toaster connected to windows 10. The hard drive toaster supports drives up to 8TB, by the way. What happens is that my computer, which is on for more than a day or...
  7. Disconnect internal hard drive externally

Disconnect internal hard drive externally: Being anal about backups and having issue after issue with Win 10, I need a way to physically disconnect/reconnect an internal backup hard drive with out cracking open the case and unplugging it. All of my hard drives are ssd. Ron 98831
  8. Internet randomly disconnects.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet randomly disconnects.: In used a router and from the router started a wire that go in my pc. Disconects happend. I removed the router so I plug in the internet cable right from the ISP (without using a router) and it still happens, reinstalled my windows, yes, I tried this, still, the connection...
  9. Random & Consitant disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random & Consitant disconnections: Hi guys, I've been all over the web from first base to home and every fix I've tried has failed to work. I recently got a new modem and since i got this modem.... My internet has just decided to randomly drop and reconnect on my pc. Bare in mind we have several other devices...
  10. Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up: My 256 GB hard drive has zero space left (programs now shutting down, etc.). I deleted or moved all duplicate files ; documents and applications only account for about 50 GB. When I free up a few GB, it rapidly fills up again. This is not a defrag issue; this is something...