Windows 10: Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10

Discus and support Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Imagine a situation when your a disk in your system is showing high space utilization while you haven’t installed many applications.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 9, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10

Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10 Delete-trashbin-folder-100x100.png
    Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10 Delete-trashbin-folder-150x47.png Imagine a situation when your a disk in your system is showing high space utilization while you haven’t installed many applications. Upon checking the actual volume occupied by the apps inside the drive, you realize that they aren’t occupying a [...]

This post Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Aug 9, 2019
  2. $immond$ Win User

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CHard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10 :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10

1. Hard drive showing wrong free space in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hard drive showing

2. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  3. How to free more hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to free more hard drive space?: When I use sfc scan, disk cleanup, delete windows update log and app cache, run storage sense by clearing temporary files using storage setting and flush dns cache then i restart my pc, the storage won't low down a bit. I already transfer my genshin impact game files to other...
  4. Wrong Hard Drive Total Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wrong Hard Drive Total Space: Hi Gents, I recently got a Dell laptop (500GB SSD) as it by default came with only C: drive (Single Drive) , I went ahead and tried to shrink the volume to 114 GB so that with rest of the unallocated I can create a second say D: drive. It first threw some error like...
  5. Wrong Hard Drive Total Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong Hard Drive Total Space: Hi Gents, I recently got a Dell laptop (500GB SSD) as it by default came with only C: drive (Single Drive) , I went ahead and tried to shrink the volume to 114 GB so that with rest of the unallocated I can create a second say D: drive. It first threw some error like...
  6. How to free up hard drive space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to free up hard drive space: I've got a computer with a ~120G SSD and a larger HDD. I've made a real effort to keep anything discretionary off the SSD, but as I'm a (new) developer there are lots of installs, and the space keeps creeping up. The plan had been to install a larger SSD, but now that Covid...
  7. How to free up hard drive space

in Windows 10 Support
    How to free up hard drive space: I've got a computer with a ~120G SSD and a larger HDD. I've made a real effort to keep anything discretionary off the SSD, but as I'm a (new) developer there are lots of installs, and the space keeps creeping up. The plan had been to install a larger SSD, but now that Covid...
  8. Freeing up space on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freeing up space on hard drive.: Hi , I need too free up space on my hard drive. Seems other users account for 154 gb I have no other users. In manage my account it only gives me the option to add family friends. How do I delete the other users and free up space? Any help will be appreciated ta...
  9. Portable hard drive not enough free space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Portable hard drive not enough free space.: I have a 1.5 TB back up portable hard that only has 355 GB of Free Space. It has only 2 system images from C drive (with 147 GB of used space). I have made several system images in the past on this hard drive and deleted most of them over time. 1. How can only 2 system...
  10. Finding the free space on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the free space on a hard drive: Is there any application that comes with Windows 10, that will show the hard-drive storage usage and free space? I do not mean an application that will show usage and free space for each partition (disk). Such data is rather inconvenient, when one wants to know how much is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 free space is incorrect