Windows 10: Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file. How to free up the unknown...

Discus and support Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file. How to free up the unknown... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How to free up portion of drive that says unknown.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardKay3, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file. How to free up the unknown...

How to free up portion of drive that says unknown.

:)

RichardKay3, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Unknown drive

Hi Harold,

The unknown drive could be a system recovery drive or some other drive which you don't have access to it. You may follow these steps to check what kind of drive it is:

• Click on Search bar.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc.
    • Check description of the ESP (FHard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file.  How to free up the unknown... :) drive. Also check whether the drive is recovery drive or System Drive.
    You may also refer to this link for Disk cleanup in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 4, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    New Setup -Unknown Hard Error

Hi Parren, Usually, the System Warning: Unknown Hard Error is triggered by corrupted system’s files or registry entries . ..

At the top of that error dialog there should be a process or dll listed in the dialog header - what is listed there?

DaveM121, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Hamidi44 Win User

Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file. How to free up the unknown...

Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk

Hello everyone. Would like to thank you for spending time on you and wanting to help me.I have tried many programs to do recovery but none of them help and almost none of them can see the disk. I upload 3 pictures, 2 from different programs and one from windows disk manager. and my daughter 9 months of ageGreetings Hamidi

Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file.  How to free up the unknown... [​IMG]

Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file.  How to free up the unknown... [​IMG]

Hamidi44, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file. How to free up the unknown...

1. Hard drive shows large unknown portion that was an *.ebd file. How to free up the unknown... - Similar Threads - Hard drive shows

2. External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized": I have an external hard drive that I mainly use to store games, among other things, and it's been working just fine until now. Whenever I plug it in, I am not able to access any of the files that are on it through File Explorer neither am I able to download things onto the...
  3. External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External hard drive shows up as "Unknown" and "Not initialized": I have an external hard drive that I mainly use to store games, among other things, and it's been working just fine until now. Whenever I plug it in, I am not able to access any of the files that are on it through File Explorer neither am I able to download things onto the...
  4. C Drive: Unknown LARGE File - stumped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive: Unknown LARGE File - stumped: WINDOWS 10 HOME - 20H2 - DESKTOP I have a LARGE 3.64 GB file on my C drive and am totally at a loss. Disclaimer: I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. Not savvy to say the least. So, simple answers, if any, would be best for THIS user. When accessing...
  5. <Unknown> file clogging up C: drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    <Unknown> file clogging up C: drive: I was running WinDirStat to try and clear some space in my C: drive when I noticed that there appears to be a 101.8 Gb file that is "<Unknown>". I have been unable to find any information regarding this file online and want ot make sure it's safe to remove without any adverse...
  6. Unknown files on my hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown files on my hard drive partition: I have got some bizarre dll, exe, etc files on My New Volume: E Partition of Hard drive which was empty out of nowhere. Can anyone Please tell what are these files about? Are they important? What should I do to them? Is there any problem in my PC?[ATTACH]...
  7. Unknown file on hard disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown file on hard disk: I have a file on hard disk. The name of the file is frightfuldrinkpgroom.exe. What is this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unknown-file-on-hard-disk/e97d8a3b-54f0-4343-9808-2a44f23a5a0f
  8. Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk: my hard drive changed to raw, and now do not look in windows! In the data manager, I can see that it exists. unknown disk no initiated! I can not format it and can not change partition or do anything else? I have tried many programs, mini tools two but it's coming nowhere! is...
  9. Hard drive unknown, not initialized

Hard drive unknown, not initialized: Yesterday while using my computer my secondary drive / storage drive disappeared. I can see it in Disk Management, but I tried to use MiniTool, but it cannot see the drive. I have attached a screen shot for more info. Is it KIA or recoverable long enough to save a couple...
  10. USB hard drive Unknown and not initialised

USB hard drive Unknown and not initialised: Hi I have a 1TB external USB hard drive, it is not showing up in 'my computer' the light on the hard drive is constantly flashing and randomly beeps and clicks when first plugged in, I have never heard this until today.. I have tried it on two laptops, windows 7 and windows...