Windows 10: hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

Discus and support hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnieWaid, Dec 18, 2018.

1. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and thought that would be cool. But after doing this, was not happy so deleted it. In doing so deleted both my H and G drives. I did everything I could think of to get them to be seen by my computer to no avail. I have Win10 so by right clicking on the window in the left lower corner of the screen, it was easy to get into my Disk management and Device manager. But no matter what I did could not get Disk management to see my other 2 Hard Drives. I went out to my BIOS, CMOS and there they both were. In my device manager they also showed up as healthy disks. So no matter what I did, my hard drives showed up in device manager and bios but not in disk management with windows 10.

Well after several hours and several prayers, I got the idea to go to Western Digital who makes my hard drives and down loaded 3 programs. The one that fixed my problem was, Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.

Do check your SATA wires and power cords first of course.

The Fix

After checking your SATA wires and power cords.

Go to the, Western Digital web site.

Down load, Data Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows.

It is going to ask permissions and you will have to agree.

Then it will find all the drives on your PC.

Go to the Drives your Disk management does not see.

Highlight one of them and do a complete simple quick format.

Then restart your PC, at least that's what I did, maybe you don't need too.

Right click on your Start Window.

Double click on disk management and your should see your drive there.

Do a simple format.

Assign a drive letter.

And your all set.

:)

DonnieWaid, Dec 18, 2018
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Dec 18, 2018
  3. ulupoi Win User
    external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

I had a similar problem. I put an old laptop hard drive into a Rosewill USB hard drive enclosure. It showed up just fine when connected to one laptop. However, when I connected it to a different laptop, it showed up in Device Manager, but not in Disk Management
    or Explorer.

I double-clicked the drive in Device Manager to get into Properties, then went to the Volume tab, then clicked "Populate." This showed the drive to be "Offline."

To make the drive "Online," I did the following:

1. Go to an elevated command prompt: Right-click on start button > Select Command Prompt (Admin). Enter the following commands (in bold).

2. diskpart

The command prompt will change to: DISKPART>

3. list disk

All disks will be listed. Note the number of the disk you want to make to go online.

4. select disk 2

Instead of 2, substitute the number of your disk.

5. online disk

If this command is successfully executed, you will get a message that reads, "DiskPart successfully onlined the selected disk."

It took me a long time to find this solution, so I'm putting it here hoping that it helps the next person.

ulupoi, Dec 18, 2018
  4. KaraB03 Win User

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

New hard drive not showing in BIOS or Disk management

I recently bought a new WD 1TB Hard drive and i plugged it in with my toshiba 1TB drive and noticed it doesnt show in my BIOS. I went to the homescreen and tried seeing if it was in the disk management but no luck either. Im running Windows 10 and im not
    that techy so ive decided to come here for help. Can anyone help me?

KaraB03, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

1. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10 - Similar Threads - hard drive shows

2. internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internal hard drive shows up in bios and device manager but NOT in diskmanager: Got a seagate barracuda 4 TB internal drive for my old DELL Inspiron 3847. I have tried updating every possible driver with help of DELL support assist/windows update and Intel but only get this depressing message from DM:"Device...
  3. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  4. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management: Recently replaced my Motherboard and add 1 new 2TB SSD to my system. I kept my 500GB SSD Boot Drive and 2 existing SSDs 250 GB each from previous build. BIOS recognizes the I have the new 2TB SSD and the 2 other 250GB drives installed. However, Windows Disk Management only...
  5. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10 disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer

Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer: My new 1TB Seagate portable hard drive is no longer showing up in Windows Explorer, or in Disk Management. But I very clearly see it recognized in Device Manager and I also see the button to eject it in the lower right of my screen. What should I do to fix it?...
  7. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...
  8. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  9. My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.: How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-hard-drive-shows-up-in-device-manager-but/20dbfc90-2335-42f1-8dee-7b1c0abd58b4"
  10. Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...: I recently bought a pc with a 1tb hard drive and 120gb ssd. I'm able to see my hard drive in storage spaces and device manager but I cannot able to access it in the bios or the devices and drives or in disk management. How can I fix this issue and get the hard drive to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 4tb hp drive shows up in bios but not disk management

2. drive shows in disk management but not in devices and drives

3. disc drive shows in bios and device manager but not in windows

4. drive shows up in bios but not windows 10,
  5. hdd shows in bios and drive manager but not windows 10,
  6. windows 10 disk shows in bios but not in disk manager not in device manager 2019,
  7. drive shows in bios disk management but not in devices and drives,
  8. drive shows in bios and device manager