Windows 10: hard drive slow to poplulate

Discus and support hard drive slow to poplulate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 1 terabyte data drive. When I first click on the drive's icon it takes about 10 seconds for the icons to populate. After that it pops right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Slugger, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Slugger Win User

hard drive slow to poplulate

I have a 1 terabyte data drive. When I first click on the drive's icon it takes about 10 seconds for the icons to populate.
    After that it pops right up.

I used Western Digital lifeguard . checks okay.
    I turned off indexing.
    I set customized folders to General.

Is this normal?

:)

Slugger, Aug 28, 2015
  2. peishores Win User

Copying files when booting from an installation usb drive Windows 10

How to copy main hard drive files to external drive when Windows runs so slow as to be unusable and hard drive became very slow, I have a bootable Windows 10 installation USB drive, but it only wants to install Windows, not allowing for file transfers.

peishores, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro Extremely slow Data Transfer and Complete PC becomes Very Slow

I have the same issue with slow file copying but I do not believe it is software related. I have two hard drives and 1 SSD. If I copy from the SSD to 1 hard drive its fast, if I copy to the other hard drive it starts fast then drops to very slow or
    stops altogether. This is consistent behavior whether copying from the SSD or external HD or a USB. One of my hard drive works fast, the other starts fast, then goes very slow. I dont therefor think this is a Windows issue but more likely a setting in
    the HDD itself - but I have no idea what. Any ideas?

Guyzie_835, Aug 28, 2015
Thema:

hard drive slow to poplulate

1. hard drive slow to poplulate - Similar Threads - hard drive slow

2. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  3. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  4. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hard drive very slow: HiI recently bought a Lenovo laptopWindows 10 Core i5 10th gen , 1 tb, 8gb ram. SLOW HARD DRIVEThe laptop boot is really slow even when its new. I experience a black screen for 2 mins while booting. It takes about 5 mins to turn on and actually work.I cant find the enable...
  6. my hard drive is really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hard drive is really slow: ok so last year i was just chilling playing a game called rust but one day i woke up opend my computer and it was really slow ever since then my read and write speeds on my hard drive are so low and i cant load into the game other games take a while to but mostly rust really...
  7. External Hard Drive Is Slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Is Slow: Is there a bug in the Windows or hardware interface to external hard drives? This question has been asked indirectly in nearly every forum over the last decade and is usually associated with image backups of any sort. Why the focus on image backups? Because they take...
  8. Hard Drive Too Slow

Hard Drive Too Slow: My hard disk is too slow. I even changed the SATA port once. But still copying files is slow and task manager is showing the disk usage at 100% when files are being copied. I checked with CrystalDiskInfo and it says Caution as in the image. Please help me fix this issue....
  9. removable hard drive is too slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    removable hard drive is too slow: My hard drive sometimes stay at 30MB/s, but it also sometimes stays at 1MB/s. I get 30MB/s very rarely so I decided to go to properties of hard drive and change it to better performance. After this for the first few seconds it is 100-60MB/s but it will soon drop to 1MB/s and...
  10. Slow Speed to External Hard Drive

Slow Speed to External Hard Drive: Hello! I have this external Hard Drive Intenso Memory Case 2,5" USB 3.0 1TB When i move files from my PC to the DISK i dont have a good speed! I can say the move speed is terrible! Of curse i have connected to USB 3.0 Port! Check the images! [img] [img] 98950