Windows 10: Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install

Discus and support Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After receiving a BSOD which said critical process terminated, my laptop would not boot up anymore, giving an error that there is no bootable device,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by illyaszviel, May 16, 2020.

1. Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install

After receiving a BSOD which said critical process terminated, my laptop would not boot up anymore, giving an error that there is no bootable device, and to check the cable. Upon doing a diagnostic through Bios, there was no issue found. Therefore I decided to reinstall windows via a USB using the media creation tool.

1. If i use the Raid mode in the SATA operation menu, the pc does not boot from the USB and gives a PNP watchdog error and restarts, going in a constant loop.

2. If i use the AHCI option in SATA operation menu, the pc goes through the windows setup, but on the drive to install windows on menu, it shows that the disc space is unalocated, and can not be installed on it. Therefore I tried cleaning the disk through diskpart, which succeeds, but converting it to GPT gives an I/O error and fails. The disk details in this mode also show that it has no volume.

Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated!

:)

illyaszviel, May 16, 2020

2. Use of drives wrongly allocated.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if Windows 10 is not installed properly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "Windows 10 I discover that the 2TB hard drive that I used for photographs only has been allocated for use as the primary root drive C", are you referring that 2TB drive is where Windows 10 is installed? Which drive have you exactly clean
      install Windows 10?
    • What is the drive name where Windows 10 is previously installed?

Please get back to us with an update on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 16, 2020
  3. NNFD Win User
    Windows 10 - Missing hard drive space

I have a new laptop with only a few programs installed. Now 25GB hard disk space is missing. I have deleted restoring points and reduced the space allocated, deleted windows.old and looked through all files and folders, including hidden. Still can`t find
    the missing 25GB. Any suggestions? Thanks

4. Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install

little cat, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install

1. Hard drive space can't be allocated for windows install - Similar Threads - Hard drive space

2. Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?: File explorer claims that I am using 91 GB of space on my 465 GB C: drive. However, I can only account for about 54.5 GB worth of data? How can I figure out where the other 36 GB is being allocated?By right clicking the folders and selecting properties, here are the sizes of...
  3. Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?: File explorer claims that I am using 91 GB of space on my 465 GB C: drive. However, I can only account for about 54.5 GB worth of data? How can I figure out where the other 36 GB is being allocated?By right clicking the folders and selecting properties, here are the sizes of...
  4. Can't find the source of allocated space on C: drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hard Drive Allocation Confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Allocation Confusion: Hello! So, my PC has slowed down recently and at the recommendation of a friend I was looking at my SSD health when I saw this. Already I'm assuming my boot partition shouldn't be that large but the same hard-drive has many of my games downloaded onto it within the same...
  6. Hard Drive Allocation Confusion

Hard Drive Allocation Confusion: Hello! So, my PC has slowed down recently and at the recommendation of a friend I was looking at my SSD health when I saw this. Already I'm assuming my boot partition shouldn't be that large but the same hard-drive has many of my games downloaded onto it within the same...
  7. Hard drive Space for Windows 11 Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive Space for Windows 11 Installation: I have two hard drives on my computer. My C drive with my Windows 10 install has 6.86 GB of 103 GB remaining. I have a SSD drive that has 880 GB of 931 GB free. Is it possible to download the upgrade of Windows 11 to my SSD drive before installation? I don't know if I can...
  8. Hard drive Space for Windows 11 Installation

Hard drive Space for Windows 11 Installation: I have two hard drives on my computer. My C drive with my Windows 10 install has 6.86 GB of 103 GB remaining. I have a SSD drive that has 880 GB of 931 GB free. Is it possible to download the upgrade of Windows 11 to my SSD drive before installation? I don't know if I can...
  9. Allocation of hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Allocation of hard drive: How do I allocate more space to the C drive on mycomputer I have 931 GB of available space but the OS is using 101GB's of the 102 allocated to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allocation-of-hard-drive/81c72fb0-229d-495f-9b05-aeaf94df3815
  10. Allocating Hard Drive Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allocating Hard Drive Space: Lets start from the beginning. I dropped my computer about a month ago and the hard drive started to fail on me so i shut the computer down for a while, got a new hard drive, and used a dock like thing to clone the stuff from my dying hard drive to my new one. my issue now is...