Windows 10: Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox?

Discus and support Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm getting messages that my hard drive is full. However 34.9 GB seems to be in a folder \Users\...\Dropbox. I thought Dropbox was in the cloud. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimonAdler, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox?

I'm getting messages that my hard drive is full. However 34.9 GB seems to be in a folder \Users\...\Dropbox. I thought Dropbox was in the cloud. Is this really space used on my local C drive? What, if anything, can/should I do to free up space?

:)

SimonAdler, Oct 1, 2020

2. No space on hard drive due to system reserved patition and installer files

Hi Ruth,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files or memory full. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the exact error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of your hard drive status.

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article of Andre Da Costa:
    How to free up disk space in Windows
    . It contains troubleshooting steps and explanation pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Oct 1, 2020
  4. shebrava Win User

Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox?

cant update due to reserve disk drive shortage / too many drive portions . how to fix?

My computer wont update after reinstalling windows 10 due to disk drive storage shortage. In the reserve portions. and too many portions of drives listed. I dont know which to delete or clean/ wipe to combine to normal . Help Please ! a program Link anything.
    Im not computer savy . So simple directions please

shebrava, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox?

1. Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox? - Similar Threads - Hard drive space

2. How to Overcome Drive C space shortage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Overcome Drive C space shortage?: Hi,I have a laptop with Only 30GB Hynix HBG4e eMMC drive. I keep being alerted to free storage due to dangerously almost full drive C. I tried every trick I knew, for example use disk clean tool, clear browsing history for web sites. Make the default drive for installation...
  3. How to Overcome Drive C space shortage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Overcome Drive C space shortage?: Hi,I have a laptop with Only 30GB Hynix HBG4e eMMC drive. I keep being alerted to free storage due to dangerously almost full drive C. I tried every trick I knew, for example use disk clean tool, clear browsing history for web sites. Make the default drive for installation...
  4. How to Overcome Drive C space shortage?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unallocated Space on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Space on Hard Drive: I had a disk failure caused by a failed UPS. Before I realised I had tried to repair Windows. The disk is 1Tb, I also had a 1Tb disk used for file storage but I think this is on the verge of failings although it can still be read.I purchased a 2Tb HDD and was able to clone...
  6. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  7. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive space: I have 16 GB of unused hard drive space, yet I get an error indicating that I don't have enough harddrive space to download the upgrade. How much space is required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-space/37e9202e-eb44-4989-bc99-1b0e6172dcee
  8. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive space: My computer has a 950 gig hard drive. Somehow there is about 860 gig of temporary file useage and I can not see where the space is used at even after using the temporary file clean up function....
  9. no space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no space on hard drive: hello, I have not much space left on hard drive but I don't know what is taking so much space please advice ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-space-on-hard-drive/5d048c6b-e63d-4b69-a5f0-a24668607148
  10. 145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved: Hi , my problem is i am missing 145gb from probably old windows 10 upgrade files in System Files . i am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356). Original OS was a clean install on a new pc and a Samsung NVme 500gb ssd around mid-February 2019 , so no...