Windows 10: Hard Drive Storage Issues

Discus and support Hard Drive Storage Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When trying to download a program on my computer recently, I found that I didn't have enough storage on my hard drive. I moved every single document... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WillYoung18, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Hard Drive Storage Issues

When trying to download a program on my computer recently, I found that I didn't have enough storage on my hard drive. I moved every single document and picture file to Google Drive then deleted them from my hard drive. I have uninstalled all unused apps/programs. I have updated my storage sense settings, run a disk cleanup, and deleted all unnecessary files from my Temp folder. I have virtually nothing stored on my hard drive, yet I have no more storage space than when I started. In fact, with each step I take to delete unnecessary files, I actually have less storage space each time I check. At a certain point, I had close to 20 GB free, but I needed at least 26 GB, so I deleted some files and programs and now I'm down to 15 GB with 103 GB used. Somehow, clearing storage space is actually costing me storage space. When I go to Windows>Settings>System>Storage>Storage Usage, "Systems & Reserved", "Apps & Games" and Temporary Files show over 100 combined GB. But when I click on them, they don't show more than maybe 8 GB of actual files and programs. This is especially confusing with the Temporary files, since I know for a fact I just cleared most of them from my computer.

1) How can I clear space from my hard drive in order to be able to download new programs?

2) Why is my hard drive actually losing each time I take steps to clear storage space?

Thanks for any help.

:)

WillYoung18, Nov 13, 2018
  2. little cat, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?

1TB 5,400 RPM:
    • Seagate 1TB BarraCuda $54.78
    • Seagate 1TB Firecuda Gaming $65.50
    • WD Blue 1TB $56.89
    1TB 7,200 RPM:
    • WD Black 1TB $73.95
    • HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB $59.93
    Which one is the best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?.

The hard drive is for the Fractal Design Node 202 Mini ITX case.

RodoGodo19, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hard Drive Storage Issues

hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

Hard Drive Storage Issues 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive Storage Issues

1. Hard Drive Storage Issues - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Storage

2. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I safely eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  3. Hard drive storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive storage: I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-storage/16d4e2cc-69ae-4b0e-8a86-337326091d29
  4. Storage drive issues

Storage drive issues: Hi, I recently built a new pc with the following drives attached, C - 500mb m.2 boot D - 1tb SSD main use E - 4tb HDD storage Almost every time I boot my pc explorer opens up my E drive and all my desktop shortcuts to that drive are blank white squares Steam apps, I...
  5. Eternal Hard drive storage changed

Eternal Hard drive storage changed: I have a seagate 2TB external hard drive. I downloaded a windows installer to try and get my old laptop working it didnt so i removed it and plugged it back to my pc to remove the installer and stuff but now it says its max compacity is 32GB instead of the original 2TB how...
  6. Hard Drive issues

Hard Drive issues: Having an issue with my external hard drive. I just updated to the new version of windows and that's when it started happening. I've tried uninstalling it, it's up-to-date on its driver, and my PC is fully up-to-date as well. The hard drive shows up on the device manager and...
  7. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  8. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  9. External hard drive storage lost

External hard drive storage lost: Hello! My name is donald and i need your help like seriously... I tried to format my HD of 1TB that was in exfat to NTFS but it didn’t achieve and i couldn’t have access to it no more, i tried to check on ease partition what was going on and i saw my HD when unallocated and...
  10. Hard drive storage space

Hard drive storage space: What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the...