Windows 10: Hard drive storage space

Discus and support Hard drive storage space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GARY P53, May 11, 2019.

1. GARY P53 Win User

Hard drive storage space

What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the limit was 8GB, but that can not be correct as I already have 1 external drive in use that is 4TB. Anyone know the correct amount?

:)

GARY P53, May 11, 2019
  2. Questmore Win User

Why all storage space of pen drive and external hard drive not available for storage

Hi All.....

Why all storage space of pen drive and external hard drive not available for storage in windows operating system.Why windows operating design or develop like that I able to use all storage space of pen drive and external hard drive for storage purpose.

Questmore, May 11, 2019
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CHard drive storage space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, May 11, 2019
  4. 333t Win User

Hard drive storage space

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

Thema:

Hard drive storage space

1. Hard drive storage space - Similar Threads - Hard drive storage

2. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  3. Hard drive storage

Hard drive storage: I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-storage/16d4e2cc-69ae-4b0e-8a86-337326091d29
  4. OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space

OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space: Why is OneDrive taking up space on my hard drive? The storage info says OneDrive is using 33 GB. I needed a new computer and bought one a few months ago. Had to get one with 128 GB because computers were sold out everywhere. I figured that since I have OneDrive, only the apps...
  5. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  6. Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive disappeared after using Storage Space: I migrated my SSD and two WD Blue 2TB hard drives to a new build. The two drives were originally a mirrored array. I wiped them in anticipation of the move to the new machine (old case had 9 3.5 drive bays, new case had 2). I converted the drives to basic disks and cloned my...
  7. Storage Spaces with hard drives of different size

Storage Spaces with hard drives of different size: I have read a lot about storage spaces and I do use it since it has been available to bundle my hard drives. Now I want to reduce the amount of drives, but I'm not sure whether I need to do it all at once creating a new pool with a new drive and moive the files or if I could...
  8. no space on hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no space on hard drive: hello, I have not much space left on hard drive but I don't know what is taking so much space please advice ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-space-on-hard-drive/5d048c6b-e63d-4b69-a5f0-a24668607148
  9. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  10. Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to use part of hard drive with storage spaces?: I'm trying to create a storage pool for parity with 4 3TB drives and use 3TB of a 4TB drive that also has my OS. When I go to create the pool the 4 3TB drives show up but the unallocated space on the 4TB with my OS doesn't show up. I have done some research and heard...