Windows 10: Hard drive storage

Discus and support Hard drive storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianCole9, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Hard drive storage

I need to clear a significant amount of storage space from my hard drive. How do I do this?

:)

BrianCole9, Jul 11, 2021

2. Hard Drive Storage

I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb
    is being taken up by Apps and features but when I click on this and show the list of installed apps with their sizes, I have added up the entire list and it comes to 25Gb total. It doesn't show what's eating up the rest of the 400Gb of space. I have deleted
    everything I can and have only been able to free up 11Gb so far so my c drive is still showing red. At this point is the only other step to reload the pc, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix?

Thanks,

Heather

Heather Clemons, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?

1TB 5,400 RPM:
    • Seagate 1TB BarraCuda $54.78
    • Seagate 1TB Firecuda Gaming $65.50
    • WD Blue 1TB $56.89
    1TB 7,200 RPM:
    • WD Black 1TB $73.95
    • HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB $59.93
    Which one is the best 2.5-inch hard drive for storage and gaming?.

The hard drive is for the Fractal Design Node 202 Mini ITX case.

RodoGodo19, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hard drive storage

hard drive full, but can<t find the item to erase

Windows 10 has the option to change the storage location. We suggest that you change the storage location so you can still use your hard drive instead of using the SSD. Kindly follow the steps below on how to change the storage location:

• On the Search bar, type in storage and select the top most result.
    • On the Storage screen, change the location of each options to your desired hard drive. The files will now be saved on the specific hard drive.

Hard drive storage 47d2da23-d12c-4708-9637-ccc0766a4909.png

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Hard drive storage

1. Hard drive storage - Similar Threads - Hard drive storage

2. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage space...
  3. OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Using Hard Drive Storage Space: Why is OneDrive taking up space on my hard drive? The storage info says OneDrive is using 33 GB. I needed a new computer and bought one a few months ago. Had to get one with 128 GB because computers were sold out everywhere. I figured that since I have OneDrive, only the apps...
  4. Eternal Hard drive storage changed

Eternal Hard drive storage changed: I have a seagate 2TB external hard drive. I downloaded a windows installer to try and get my old laptop working it didnt so i removed it and plugged it back to my pc to remove the installer and stuff but now it says its max compacity is 32GB instead of the original 2TB how...
  5. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  6. Hard Drive Storage

Hard Drive Storage: I have a 500Gb Hard Drive, running Windows 10 Pro version 1909. My c drive is nearly full, I have checked every area on the pc and nothing adds up to the 486Gb I'm supposed to have available. I have gone to Settings > System > Storage - it shows that 401Gb is being taken up...
  7. External hard drive storage lost

External hard drive storage lost: Hello! My name is donald and i need your help like seriously... I tried to format my HD of 1TB that was in exfat to NTFS but it didn’t achieve and i couldn’t have access to it no more, i tried to check on ease partition what was going on and i saw my HD when unallocated and...
  8. Hard drive storage space

Hard drive storage space: What is the maximum amount of storage space Windows 10 can recognize \ utilize? I am setting up external hard drives for multiple storage locations and I want to know what the limit is that windows can recognize and use at any given time. I contacted support and was told the...
  9. Hard Drive Storage Issues

Hard Drive Storage Issues: When trying to download a program on my computer recently, I found that I didn't have enough storage on my hard drive. I moved every single document and picture file to Google Drive then deleted them from my hard drive. I have uninstalled all unused apps/programs. I have...
  10. Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10): Hi I have a storage pool set up on my Windows 10 PC The storage pool is a total of 6.5TB at the moment with 2.7TB of Data on it I'm getting the Warning "Low Capacity" add another drive When looking into it, when I set the drives up I set them to "Parity" which...