Windows 10: Hard Drive suddenly disappeared while playing Warzone

Discus and support Hard Drive suddenly disappeared while playing Warzone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I was playing Warzone with a friend all evening. The game crashed several times as usual, terribly optimized game. However at some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MethodHelp, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Hard Drive suddenly disappeared while playing Warzone

Hello everyone,

I was playing Warzone with a friend all evening. The game crashed several times as usual, terribly optimized game. However at some point, after a crash it wasn't installed anymore in Battle.net.

• And I then noticed that the entire hard drive it was installed on was gone from the "This PC" menu in the file manager. An entire 1Tb hard drive gone!?
    • The hard drive is also completely gone from Device Manager and Disk Management.
    • When restarting the computer, the loading time is much longer than before even though Windows 10 is on the SSD and the SSD didn't crash or disappear.
    • There is no troubleshooting option and no recovery point to go back to.

Any idea what could have caused this and how to fix it?

Is there a way to check if the hard drive is mounted in Windows?

Thanks for your help.

:)

MethodHelp, Dec 21, 2020

2. Game Crashes and Hard drive suddenly disappears

This is a problem that i have been facing for a couple of days. My [Local Disk : D] keeps on disappearing while the others are present. I am using this drive as a Secondary Hard disk. When this drive disappears, I do the following steps:

-Right Click on My Computer

-I choose ''Manage''

-Disk Management and ''Re-scan''

After this, my secondary hard disk tends to appear again, but whenever I try to use any program on this drive, Hard disk again disappears. When I check for errors by right clicking on this drive, [1024] appears and system freezes for few seconds.

Following error occurs when I play Battlefield 4:[game is also installed in this directory]

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: InPageError

Error Status Code: c00000c0

Faulting Media Type: 00000003

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: abcc

Additional Information 2: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9

Additional Information 3: abcc

Additional Information 4: abcc8f7853b48d9807d6d51eb1fa5df9

Need Assistance for this issue, Thanks!

WaleedHasan1, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Manosman Win User
    D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

Hard Drive suddenly disappeared while playing Warzone [​IMG]

Manosman, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Hard Drive suddenly disappeared while playing Warzone

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Hard Drive suddenly disappeared while playing Warzone

1. Hard Drive suddenly disappeared while playing Warzone - Similar Threads - Hard Drive suddenly

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WatchDog Violation Error while playing Warzone 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WatchDog Violation Error while playing Warzone 2: Hello there,i'm having a problem while playing Warzone 2,usually it happens randomly and it occurs after 2-3 matches.I get blue screen which states WATCHDOG VIOLATION,the system freezez completely and needs a restart.I've attached the only dumb file found in...
  6. WatchDog Violation Error while playing Warzone 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WatchDog Violation Error while playing Warzone 2: Hello there,i'm having a problem while playing Warzone 2,usually it happens randomly and it occurs after 2-3 matches.I get blue screen which states WATCHDOG VIOLATION,the system freezez completely and needs a restart.I've attached the only dumb file found in...
  7. WatchDog Violation Error while playing Warzone 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  9. Constant BSODs while playing Warzone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs while playing Warzone: Good evening, While playing Call of Duty Warzone, I will run into a BSOD after a few rounds. I have gotten the following errors: - IRQL Not Less Or Equal most common - WHEA Uncorrectable - DPC Watchdog - System Service Exception I am not a computer guy AT ALL, but...
  10. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...