Windows 10: Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

Discus and support Hard Drive Suddenly filling up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an Asus laptop running the latest Win10 update, 1903. It has a 500G HD that usually has about 200G in use. Today I checked and it was almost... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Barbara-p12, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

I have an Asus laptop running the latest Win10 update, 1903. It has a 500G HD that usually has about 200G in use. Today I checked and it was almost full, only about 5G remaining. What could be causing this? I checked programs using appwiz.cpl and saw nothing strange. I have removed the windows.old files, and anything else I could to free up about 50G, but wondering if I have a virus or trojan in the background that Defender isn't picking up?

:)

Barbara-p12, Aug 25, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 25, 2019
  3. little cat, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

Hard drive filled with invisible files.

My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it (second image). Could someone kindly suggest what could be taking up 480gb of space—and why it is invisible to WinDirStat. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hard Drive Suddenly filling up [​IMG]

Hard Drive Suddenly filling up [​IMG]

Slow Processor, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

1. Hard Drive Suddenly filling up - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Suddenly

2. Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.: Using MS10. Properties say I have 3GB, very soon after, with no new things added to hard drive I get a warning that hardrive is almost full. I run chkdsk c: /x /r and restart. Now I am back to around 3GB. Very soon after back to 250Mb. Now having to repeat this several times...
  3. Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive keeps filling up on it's own.: Using MS10. Properties say I have 3GB, very soon after, with no new things added to hard drive I get a warning that hardrive is almost full. I run chkdsk c: /x /r and restart. Now I am back to around 3GB. Very soon after back to 250Mb. Now having to repeat this several times...
  4. User accounts filling up hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User accounts filling up hard drive: So, I am on Win 10 enterprise some are on 1809 through H2 but same issue on any version. I have so many users that log in it will fill the hard drive with their user profile. The only way to fix this is to go through the registry and remove them. If you just delete them in...
  5. User accounts filling up hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts filling up hard drive: So, I am on Win 10 enterprise some are on 1809 through H2 but same issue on any version. I have so many users that log in it will fill the hard drive with their user profile. The only way to fix this is to go through the registry and remove them. If you just delete them in...
  6. User accounts filling up hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  8. Hard Drive fills up after format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive fills up after format: Before I start, I must say that I am completely new to these forums. I literally just made an account so I could get some help with this problem. I apologise beforehand if my formatting or general mannerisms are not right. There's a TL;DR at the bottom for those who don't...
  9. Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up: My 256 GB hard drive has zero space left (programs now shutting down, etc.). I deleted or moved all duplicate files ; documents and applications only account for about 50 GB. When I free up a few GB, it rapidly fills up again. This is not a defrag issue; this is something...
  10. Hard drive filling up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive filling up: Each night my hard drive fills up. I can't figure out where the free space is going. I can clear off 5 gigs, but the next morning there is a 'low disk space' error.. How can I find where the empty space is being used? Can I search by newest file created? 106834