Windows 10: Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

Discus and support Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have a drive showing RAW data after switching sata ports (really odd). The drive shows up as NTFS in various other tools though. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alx10mgmg, May 4, 2021.

1. alx10mgmg Win User

Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration

Hello everyone. I have a drive showing RAW data after switching sata ports (really odd). The drive shows up as NTFS in various other tools though. The drive health is showing a-ok through SMART and other tools. I imaged the drive and it ran into no bad sectors; went off without a hitch. DMDE also showed no real issues with the drive or the image. I'm running into a wall, though, restoring the drive table rather than recovering it. DMDE shows many sectors so finding program files has proven difficult. R-Studio is showing the error "Unable to open the volume because MFT file is outside disk bounds" for a portion of the image. I think this could be an MFT error rather than a failing drive, but I'm not sure how to move forward. Additionally, testdisk shows the drive is potentially corrupted and unreadable on the image after mounting it. Using CHKDSK on the image also says "Unable to determine volume version and state." I realize chkdsk isn't a great tool for doing this, but I figured there was no harm on running it on the image. I have mounted the image using Arsenal Image Mounter; I'm not sure if there is a better tool for this. The image was made with HDDSuperClone as a .dd file. The drive is a 1TB Seagate Barracuda. Please let me know if there's any more information needed! I am on windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928). Any help is appreciated!

:)

alx10mgmg, May 4, 2021
  2. alx10mgmg Win User

Here is the result. I appreciate you going through step by step with me.

Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration [​IMG]

When selecting List, the filesystem still seems damaged.

alx10mgmg, May 4, 2021
  3. alx10mgmg Win User

Thank you @jumanji I appreciate the help immensely. The following screenshots are the ones you asked for.

This is the partition wizard screenshot. I was unsure what to select, so I have kept this window up to come back to at a later time.

This is the GetDataBack level 1 scan results. The two partitions are at sector 2048 and sector 34816 respectively.

This is the GetDataBack Level 3 scan running; I figured it could be helpful to see the output log.

This is the results of the GetDataBack level 3 scan. The sectors are @2048, @63, @34816, @1,332,860,876, @1,799,912,664, and @1,918,215,815 respectively.

I chose to mount the file system @ sector 34816. This is the output window. It has still not completed; it is very slow with the output of "***Show_File_Preview: JPEG error #53" over and over

alx10mgmg, May 4, 2021
  4. alx10mgmg Win User

I apologize for taking so long to reply, I was making a new image clone onto a full drive that I purchased today. I believe the .dd mounting software was causing some issue. Attached are the two images you requested! Disk 1/D: is the drive in question, E: is the new cloned image.

alx10mgmg, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Hard drive turned RAW after changing sata port. Table resotration - Similar Threads - Hard drive turned

2. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  3. SATA hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SATA hard drive: Hi, my WD Blue M.2 NVME SSD, where I store most of my data on my computer, has a blue question mark over it. It does not appear in hidden devices in device manager, and does not show up in disk management. It is not recognized anywhere except where it has the blue question...
  4. Hard drive changes from ntfs to raw during format

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive changes from ntfs to raw during format: I have a 1 TB hard drive. It is in ntfs format. If I do a quick format the drive stays as NTFS. If I turn off the quick format, the drive changes to RAW and the format fails. Should I only do the quick format or is their someting wrong with the drive? 182775
  5. I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need to know what sata hard drive port I got.: Hey, i've got a toshiba satellite c55-b5100 And, what sata port do i got for hdd\ssd upgrades. I found a good deal on amazon for a ssd....
  6. RAW Hard Drive Data Loss

in Windows 10 Support
    RAW Hard Drive Data Loss: Windows 10 1909 x64 So I had mounting a Hard Drive to VMware and access the drive through VMware. One day I tried to access the data on the drive and Windows detected the drive as a Raw drive and I had know idea what do so I looked online and people suggested running chkdsk...
  7. raw hard drive

raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  8. raw hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    raw hard drive: hallo I have a hard drive that was gpt ntfs used as secondary drive. (storage) I set a wrong id for the volume and then i understand my mistake and i set again the good id (ebd0a0a2-b9e5-4433-87c0-68b6b72699c7) But now the ntfs is shown as raw. The check disk show:...
  9. Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk

Hard drive to RAW and unknown disk: my hard drive changed to raw, and now do not look in windows! In the data manager, I can see that it exists. unknown disk no initiated! I can not format it and can not change partition or do anything else? I have tried many programs, mini tools two but it's coming nowhere! is...
  10. RAW external hard drive after making it internal

RAW external hard drive after making it internal: So here's what happened. I've decided to make my 1TB WD external HDD to aninternal one, I connected it internally using SATA, booted up Windows, and found it wasn't displayed in my computer. I tried to assign a drive letter and initialize it, make it active but it stays at...