Windows 10: Hard drive turns on for no reason?

Discus and support Hard drive turns on for no reason? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My HDD is set to turn off after 20 minutes without use. But very often it turns on for no reason even if I don't even have a program open. It's not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Bb4cm, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Bb4cm Win User

Hard drive turns on for no reason?

My HDD is set to turn off after 20 minutes without use. But very often it turns on for no reason even if I don't even have a program open. It's not the antivirus program. It switches itself on and off 5-10 times a day. How can I solve the problem? Or it would be best to turn off the hard drive manually because I only use it every few months anyway. But I don't want to open and close the case every time to remove or connect the cables.

:)

Bb4cm, Jun 27, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 6, 2020
  3. little cat, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Hard drive turns on for no reason? - Similar Threads - Hard drive turns

2. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason: My SSD I store big games on always gets maxed whenever I try to access application files on it, like for updating and such. Even if I end the application I was using it stays maxed until I restart my PC. Sometimes it creates problems booting up stuck on Gigabyte screen, with...
  3. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason: My SSD I store big games on always gets maxed whenever I try to access application files on it, like for updating and such. Even if I end the application I was using it stays maxed until I restart my PC. Sometimes it creates problems booting up stuck on Gigabyte screen, with...
  4. Hard drive maxed at 100% for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason: I partitioned my 1TB Hard Drive into 500-500 GB a very very long time ago. Right now I am noticing that available hard drive space keeps decreasing automatically. I am not copying data. Even there is not any software installed on that disk partition.Help me on this...
  6. Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason: I partitioned my 1TB Hard Drive into 500-500 GB a very very long time ago. Right now I am noticing that available hard drive space keeps decreasing automatically. I am not copying data. Even there is not any software installed on that disk partition.Help me on this...
  7. Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive keeps waking up for no reason: So to make this easy on everyone, I removed the drive letter to my hard drive.And it still spins up for no reason.Gigabyte Aurora Elite Intel 10th gen.All Microsoft drivers as far as storage goes.. Why???...
  9. External Hard Drive becomes RAW for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive becomes RAW for no reason: Hello. I have been trying to move the files form my internal hard drive to a external 4 TB West Drive Passport. While copying files (more than 20 Gb of data) the transfer freezes and the external drive becomes RAW. I have tryied formatting the disk and repeating the process...
  10. Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason: Hi, I formated my secondary hard drive, that means absolutely no data is currently being inside. The drive is excluded from Windows indexing and I programmed my drives to sleep after 1 minute for test purposes. When the drive occasionnally wakes up, Process Monitor doesn't...