Windows 10: Hard drive turns on for no reason?

Discus and support Hard drive turns on for no reason? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My HDD is set to turn off after 20 minutes without use. But very often it turns on for no reason even if I don't even have a program open. It's not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Bb4cm, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:42 AM.

1. Bb4cm Win User

Hard drive turns on for no reason?

My HDD is set to turn off after 20 minutes without use. But very often it turns on for no reason even if I don't even have a program open. It's not the antivirus program. It switches itself on and off 5-10 times a day. How can I solve the problem? Or it would be best to turn off the hard drive manually because I only use it every few months anyway. But I don't want to open and close the case every time to remove or connect the cables.

:)

Thema:

Hard drive turns on for no reason?

1. Hard drive turns on for no reason? - Similar Threads - Hard drive turns

2. C: drive is full for no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: drive is full for no reason: I've been doing research for a little while now and still cant clear it up. I just got CCleaner to make sure there's no big files on my drive and I've followed all the steps on all sorts of YouTube videos. The only things I have on my drive are windows, spotify, steam, uplay...
  3. External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible: Hi, My 4TB External Hard Drive was working well while I transfer files, sorry for my language ı am not native, And I wanted to change the speed because it was low as 35mb/ps and ı read that under policies segment there is another option for "better performance". And After I...
  4. turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    turn off hard drive sticking at 0 for on battery: This seems to be causing an issue and having machines instantly turn off. Have seen it on 2 different laptops and even changed it reverts back to 0 instead of never? Anyone seen this? submitted by /u/odiegh [link] [comments]...
  5. can not find a interal hard drive to turn on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can not find a interal hard drive to turn on: can not turn on my other hard drive does not show up ( internal) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-find-a-interal-hard-drive-to-turn-on/804cf191-e46f-4712-a676-fb29ae4e8349
  6. windows security turn off for no reasons.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows security turn off for no reasons.: well,i noticed the windows security automatically turn off twice for no reason even whith latest updates...........I mean wut on earth happened? A bug closing windows securityor is your AI faults?...
  7. What is the reason behind for spinning hard drive failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the reason behind for spinning hard drive failure?: Assume the hard drive is never dropped or crashed and always stable during working, what will usually be the reason for it to die at the end of day? Or just no reason? Which part of the electronics inside could deteriorate over time? 128363
  8. Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary hard drive is waking up for no reason: Hi, I formated my secondary hard drive, that means absolutely no data is currently being inside. The drive is excluded from Windows indexing and I programmed my drives to sleep after 1 minute for test purposes. When the drive occasionnally wakes up, Process Monitor doesn't...
  9. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.: hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything...
  10. Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off Hard Drives to Reduce Noise/Power: My desktop has 1 SSD and 4 HDDs, running Windows off the SSD I want to turn the hard drives off when I'm not using them in order to reduce noise from the PC and power consumption (it does matter to me because I often run my PC off a UPS). What are my best options for doing...