Windows 10: Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10

Discus and support Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i've been having an issue lately with windows, it is showing a 100% usage of the hard drive, checked the hard drive is working perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerry Cst, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Jerry Cst Win User

Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10

Hi everyone, i've been having an issue lately with windows, it is showing a 100% usage of the hard drive, checked the hard drive is working perfectly fine, my laptop is almost brand new, no tasks or multiple websites open at the time, but tasks admin is always showing a 100% usage and running very slow, any solution about this issue?

laptop specs: i5 processor, 8 gb ram, 1tb hdd, brand new.

:)

Jerry Cst, Nov 25, 2020
  2. desbest Win User

How do I stop my disk usage being at 100% on Windows 10?

How do I stop my disk usage being at 100% on Windows 10? Below is what I've tried

• Changing Link Storage Technology in Intel Rapid Storage to be off
    • Restarting or Disabling Windows Search service
    • Restarting or Disabling Windows Superfetch or SysMain service
    • DISM and SFC scans
    • Checking for hard drive errors in CrystalDiskInfo
    • Running programs as administrator
    • Changing the security of backup programs and high disk usage programs to give my user all the permissions in the Properties
    • Looking at Task Manager to find the cause (the processes listed don't add up to 99% or 100%)

I'm using Windows 10 20H2
    Is there any other suggestions I can do?

desbest, Nov 25, 2020
  3. 100% disk usage on Windows 10

I have been having 100% disk usage off and on for several months. I have tried all steps from every suggestion I can find and nothing resolves the issue. I finally reset to a fresh install of Windows (wiping out all of my files and programs). Here I am
    with nothing on this computer, two programs open (Task Manager and Chrome), bouncing between 22-100% disk usage. Please help! I'm at my wits end! I have a Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @ 2.75 GHz, 2tb hard drive and 16 GB RAM

KristinaClever, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Marki243 Win User

100% Disk Usage on Secondary Hard Drive

At the moment, I'm trying Method 2, but it causes 100% usage just by attempting to read it. According to Task Manager, it is the utilizes the hard drive the most on I/O read bytes, but this Chrome window uses the most on I/O write bytes (I have it installed
    on my SSD, so I doubt it should be causing anything in the other hard drives.).

I had to close the first instance because it didn't respond when I chose to scan the drive. As of right now, it has not made any progress and the hard drive is at 100% usage.

Does the amount of files on the disk affect how it is read as well? I recently bought this hard drive new and have very little files on it.

Edit: It apparently decided to switch to my main C: drive instead of going to the hard drive. I'm going to retry with a full system scan.

It hit a spike when it started scanning C:\Windows\syswow64\Spoonuninstall.exe right now. There is 0 kb read/write on the hard drive that is hitting 100% usage.

Final Edit:

I found that when I formatted the drive partition, it started running properly again. I tested out the Dolphin emulator as well as other games on it and it never peaked at 100%. It seems that something on the disk was causing the peaks, but what exactly
    I couldn't find out. It may have been a file corrupted as I copied over the games from my smaller hard drive or something else. Either way, it seems the problem is gone so far.

Marki243, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Hard drive usage at 100% windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hard drive usage

2. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage: Hi!I've been encountering a problem recently with my TOSHIBA DTB410 1TB External Hard Drive whenever I connect it to my laptop. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and I've had no problem with it except the last few days. My file explorer slows down to a crawl and when...
  3. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage: Hi!I've been encountering a problem recently with my TOSHIBA DTB410 1TB External Hard Drive whenever I connect it to my laptop. I've been using it for almost 2 years now and I've had no problem with it except the last few days. My file explorer slows down to a crawl and when...
  4. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE running at 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% Disk usage after fresh install of windows 10 and a clean hard drive: I've been using my pc for the last few years letting it sit for hours until the disk consumption went down. I tried to change some settings to see if I could lower this consumption and I succeeded but my computer continued to run slow.Yesterday I did a fresh install of...
  6. 100% Hard Drive Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Hard Drive Usage: I did a reset on my laptop and it took more than three hours to finish the reset. And after the reset my hard drive is taking 100% of usage allways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-hard-drive-usage/ad56032e-8213-4046-a4c5-3c12c0d4c8db
  7. My hard drive is at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hard drive is at 100% usage: I tried everything online to fix it... i even reinstalled windows. What is causing this to happen? Its not constantly at 100%, but it goes up when i do basically anything, and at startup. Its causing my pc to slow down tremendously. Please help. submitted by...
  8. Hard Drive Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive Usage: C: folder says there is 48.2 GB used. If I select all the folders and files, including hidden, on C: it says 40.7 GB used. Where is the other 7.5 GB? When I first set up windows, I had 69 GB+ (128 GB HD) unused, now it says 54.8 GB, where is all this stuff at? 154830
  9. Does a broken hard drive cause 100% disk usage?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does a broken hard drive cause 100% disk usage?: Recently, my computer has a lot of random spikes to 100% for disk usage and I’ve already tried everything I could find online to fix it. I ran the Crystal Disk info and it told me i had 127 uncorrectable sectors and 44 pending. I also occasionally hear clicking sounds from my...
  10. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive: Hello Dear Sir how can i solve this problem can you guide me to fix this problem please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-100-usage-of-hard-drive/3be20a83-290a-4cbd-8f49-7f7264b3fa06