Windows 10: Hard drive very slow

Discus and support Hard drive very slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DenizUyan, Jun 29, 2022.

1. DenizUyan Win User

Hard drive very slow

I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is better:https://hdd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Toshiba-MQ01ABD100-1TB-vs-Seagate-Momentus-Thin-54009-25--500GB/m784vsm1080 It also says that the read is 77 MB/s. But when i use a benchmark, it says there's a read speed of 0.2 MB/s. My specs are-Intel I3-6100-Nvidia© Geforce© GTX750Ti-"Redrock" 230W PSU-128GB SSD-"TurboX" H110 Chipset Motherboard-TOSHIBA MQ01AB

:)

DenizUyan, Jun 29, 2022

2. Slow hard drive

I don't know how it slows it down, I just know that windows goes crazy if I have my USB drive in my computer while trying to boot windows *Laugh :laugh:. And I got the list trick off of Wazzledoozle.

zekrahminator, Jun 29, 2022
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Hard drive very slow

Slow hard drive

Yeah...it's a Maxtor *Stick Out Tongue Hard drive very slow :p. Okay fine maybe the drive is good. I remember when I had problems with my WD SATA2 drive being crazy. Remember to...
    • Remove any external drives, that makes windows go CRAZY.
    • Correctly set jumpers, there should be some documentation on top of your hard drive.
    • Install SATA drivers for your chipset and make sure they are up to date.
    • Update your motherboard's BIOS.
    If none of those work, I wouldn't be surprised if you had a bad drive, and should return it ASAP.

zekrahminator, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Hard drive very slow

1. Hard drive very slow - Similar Threads - Hard drive very

2. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  3. Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Western Digital Hard Drive Very Slow: I use a Western Digital 2 TB hard drive, and I use Acronis True Image to have it back up my main 1 tb pc main drive. The hard drive backs up at a speed of between a few hundred kilobits per second to 100 megabits per second. I've searched everywhere online, and I can't find a...
  4. Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason

Hard Drives becomes very slow for no apparent reason: I am going to start by saying I tried everything I could find on this online. But basically here is what happens:1. Computer works fine2. I can use the HDD that has issues generally for a while copy files to and from, etc. Work pretty fast3. Out of the blue during file...
  5. Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  6. Hard drive very slow

Hard drive very slow: I recently got a new HDD. It was a replacement for my old 500GB seagate momentus thin. but the problem is, with the new Toshiba 1TB HDD I got, The speeds are very slow. I use a website that compares pc parts and it says the new HDD is...
  7. Windows 10 Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hard drive very slow: HiI recently bought a Lenovo laptopWindows 10 Core i5 10th gen , 1 tb, 8gb ram. SLOW HARD DRIVEThe laptop boot is really slow even when its new. I experience a black screen for 2 mins while booting. It takes about 5 mins to turn on and actually work.I cant find the enable...
  8. Windows 10 Hard drive very slow

Windows 10 Hard drive very slow: HiI recently bought a Lenovo laptopWindows 10 Core i5 10th gen , 1 tb, 8gb ram. SLOW HARD DRIVEThe laptop boot is really slow even when its new. I experience a black screen for 2 mins while booting. It takes about 5 mins to turn on and actually work.I cant find the enable...
  9. Windows 10 Hard drive very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I've got a very slow hard drive...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've got a very slow hard drive...: My hard drive is 3TB and very slow it gets up to 100% when trying to perform easy tasks like looking things up on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-got-a-very-slow-hard-drive/80bd0815-79bc-4bcf-89b2-49790728e312