Windows 10: Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?

Discus and support Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am hoping this is an easy answer. The part of my hard drive with Windows 10 crashed and was unable to be repaired and I was forced to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cybercrusader, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?

Hi all, I am hoping this is an easy answer. The part of my hard drive with Windows 10 crashed and was unable to be repaired and I was forced to install Windows 7 on my SSD. I have downloaded all of the updates and am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 home the very account I see when I log into Microsoft. Unfortunately, it was a digital license from the free upgrade promotion several year back. Since I registered with my Microsoft account is there any way to transfer between hard drives or am I stuck having to buy a retail license?

:)

Cybercrusader, Oct 13, 2021
  2. BradK1 Win User

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with Win 7 Upgrade Key

I have a new computer with Win 10 Home installed (digital license, already activated by manufacturer, works fine). Can I upgrade to Win 10 Pro with a Win 7 Pro upgrade license? The license I have for Win 7 Pro is an upgrade version purchased from Microsoft
    (not a full install version). Additionally, the Win 7 Pro upgrade license has been previously used on a computer that has not existed for about 3 years now. If this is not possible, can I use a Win 7 Pro upgrade (not full install) license (purchased from Microsoft)
    that has NEVER been used? Thanks.

BradK1, Oct 13, 2021
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Doc7612 Win User

Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?

Upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 due to hard drive crash

I had upgraded my OS some time ago to win 10 but my drive recently crashed. Dell reinstalled the drive but replaced the original win 8.1. I'd like to download win 10 and activate it. I have a digital code access, at least it worked for MS Office. Where
    can I find the right download?

Doc7612, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?

1. Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license? - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Crashed

2. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key: i am running win 7 and want to upgrade to win 10 and buy a new license key. But there wasnt a link for a win 10 .iso file, so i bought win 11 with a license key. But turns out my computer cant run Win 11. Can i use the key i just bought on a win 10 .iso if there is a place to...
  3. win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 to win 10 upgrade with new license key: i am running win 7 and want to upgrade to win 10 and buy a new license key. But there wasnt a link for a win 10 .iso file, so i bought win 11 with a license key. But turns out my computer cant run Win 11. Can i use the key i just bought on a win 10 .iso if there is a place to...
  4. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  5. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10: Currently, I heard online saying that Microsoft will free all upgrade keys from Win7 with license to upgrade to Win10 with license for 1 year. Is it the truth? If more than 1 year free from that date, what should I do to upgrade to licensed Win10?Sorry, I'm not a good student...
  6. Upgrade from Licensed Win 7 to Licensed Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?: Hi all, I am hoping this is an easy answer. The part of my hard drive with Windows 10 crashed and was unable to be repaired and I was forced to install Windows 7 on my SSD. I have downloaded all of the updates and am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 home the very account I...
  8. Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?

Hard Drive with Win 10 Crashed, how do I upgrade my win 7 to win 10 with digital license?: Hi all, I am hoping this is an easy answer. The part of my hard drive with Windows 10 crashed and was unable to be repaired and I was forced to install Windows 7 on my SSD. I have downloaded all of the updates and am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 home the very account I...
  9. Using Old Win 7 license to Upgrade to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Old Win 7 license to Upgrade to Win 10: I have a PC that came with Win 7 and I upgraded it to Win 10 when the upgrade was free. I now have a new PC that shipped with Win 10. On the new PC I will be installing Vmware so I have a virtual machine. How can I use the Win 7 license from the old PC (and then upgrade...
  10. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50