Windows 10: hard drive

Discus and support hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hooked second harddrive to windows 10,shows up but as 232 gb of a 1tb drive. any idea how to fix ,cant seam to get all of the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krogenkejr, Aug 12, 2019.

1. hard drive

hooked second harddrive to windows 10,shows up but as 232 gb of a 1tb drive.

any idea how to fix ,cant seam to get all of the drive

:)

krogenkejr, Aug 12, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 12, 2019
  3. little cat, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

hard drive

1. hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  3. USB Hard Drives Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Hard Drives Not Recognised: I have a USB hard drive plugged into a Win10 laptop, that I'm accessing on a Win7 machine via a wireless network. It kept dropping out for a couple of seconds here or there, then went completely dead. Turns out it's an issue with the laptop, not with the network, because it...
  4. Windows folder takes 65,8 GB from my hard drive and that's a lot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows folder takes 65,8 GB from my hard drive and that's a lot: (Windows 10) I have 118 GB in total and the Windows folder is taking up almost half of it and that doesn't sound right, is there anything I can do? Anything I can safely delete? Can I even clean that folder at all?...
  5. how can I increase the size of hard drive partition?

how can I increase the size of hard drive partition?: how can I increase the size of hard drive partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-increase-the-size-of-hard-drive/0a87d537-d3ab-4212-a6a6-9f0cd708933e"
  6. how can I decrease the hard drive partion size

how can I decrease the hard drive partion size: how can I decrease the hard drive partion size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-decrease-the-hard-drive-partion-size/f6ea89d6-3655-4089-ac70-2369aefcdf6b"
  7. USB 3.0 external hard drive can't mount after window 10 update to version 1902 & 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 external hard drive can't mount after window 10 update to version 1902 & 1903: Hi I have two external hard drive one of them is WD My Passport and another one is Samsung . after I updated all my PCs , Laptops and workstations (all of them are HP devices ) to newer windows 10 version 1902 &1903, I couldn't managed anything with my external HDDs event...
  8. My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My hard drive gets fragmented every day. Is it time to start saving up for a newer 2-in-1?...: If opening a 13-month Certificate of Deposit at Univest and then selling my Dell Inspiron 7558 on eBay means fewer times Firefox freezes because of my hard drive being fragmented every day, I'll be happier with Windows 10 than I ever have been. Edge still lacks many of the...
  9. Windows 10 install hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install hard drive not detected: My computer recently shut down, and when I tried to reboot it it took me to the "boot device not found" screen. I've been trying pretty much everything to reinstall windows 10, but nothing has worked, either the computer reboots or it gets as far into windows installation as...
  10. How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing: Hello, I scanned my 2 TB external hard drive and it was found to have errors. The box said errors were found and to close the box and repair them. It doesn't say how to do this. This hard drive registers as Drive N on my PC. I am trying to copy the files on this drive to a...