Windows 10: Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby.

Discus and support Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello is there a way to enable a PUIS drive to spin up? I was able to do this only with using a system having it hot swapped to a SATA cable on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby.

Hello is there a way to enable a PUIS drive to spin up?

I was able to do this only with using a system having it hot swapped to a SATA cable on the windows device. HDPARM did not work I had to use a VM of older dos boot disks to get to the amazing older ATA commands. Is there a ATA command set option under administrator log in to work with drives like this?

I do not want to go threw all of this to just spin up a PUIS drive I even checked under the hard drive setting once it was powered. We used drives like this all the time in data centers. What if we need data off one for cyber security? I cant find a PUIS setting anywhere.

I had to boot the other device that was able to power up the PUIS drive then hot plug the sata cable then format it, offline it boot up a VM with help from https://datarecovery.com/rd/how-to-unlock-dvr-hard-drives-for-normal-use-directv-dish-network/ to do this, I used a older dos era boot disk and was able to disable PUIS. I just wanted extra space from a older drive I have in a non useable DVR in the garage to use for storing VMs for educational use.

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. 31ad3ae1-a679-43e9-bc7d-60dd4cbf14de?upload=true.png

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. c3512bef-dc94-416e-a076-08a132e26ba7?upload=true.png

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. e4fe7fd5-cbe0-43d2-84ec-e21e424019db?upload=true.png

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. cd0abb14-08a3-42f9-8bb2-d0c0de3fccb9?upload=true.png

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Sep 26, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Polo6RGTI Win User

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby.

External Hard Drive Power Off?

I also have a WD 2TB My Passport. If the "USB Standby Power at S4/S5" setting in the BIOS is enabled the external HD's light will continue to blink after a shutdown.

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. [​IMG]

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. [​IMG]

Polo6RGTI, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby.

1. Hard drives with PUIS set to have power up in standby. - Similar Threads - Hard drives PUIS

2. I have several external hard drives with power supplies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have several external hard drives with power supplies: Since Windows 10 and 11 came out, none of the ones with their own power supplies will be recognized by the computer. Why not? I'll use the same data cable, and it's fine as long as the drive has no other power supply. How do I get the drives to work?...
  3. I have several external hard drives with power supplies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have several external hard drives with power supplies: Since Windows 10 and 11 came out, none of the ones with their own power supplies will be recognized by the computer. Why not? I'll use the same data cable, and it's fine as long as the drive has no other power supply. How do I get the drives to work?...
  4. Hard Drive Storage Not Showing Up in Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Storage Not Showing Up in Windows Settings?: Hello. I recently installed a new Seagate Terabyte to my PC. It shows up in disk management and I have formatted it and it shows up in my files, however when I go to Windows Settings it does not show up with my other drive. Only the Windows C: shows up, I want to use this...
  5. Hard Drive Storage Not Showing Up in Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Storage Not Showing Up in Windows Settings?: Hello. I recently installed a new Seagate Terabyte to my PC. It shows up in disk management and I have formatted it and it shows up in my files, however when I go to Windows Settings it does not show up with my other drive. Only the Windows C: shows up, I want to use this...
  6. Hard Drive Storage Not Showing Up in Windows Settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Hard drive in caddy set up

Hard drive in caddy set up: I have put my hard drive from my win 10 desktop now dead into a caddy and it is recognised as a drive "E" on my new desktop. Everything is on there but do in need to retain Windows 10 on it? surely I can delete that? Files that perhaps I do not need to retain are :- Intel,...
  8. Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Up External Hard Drive as a Flash Drive: Someone gave me an old hard disk. I have an external hard drive enclosure. I put them together and plugged the external drive into my laptop. From Windows Explorer I can see the old hard disk. It has two partitions. F: and G:Recovery. The data is on the F: drive....
  9. Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition: I would like to set up a recovery disc on a partition of my hard drive. I've already made the partition. 1. Is this something I should do? Or should I just go buy a USB drive? 2. If so, how? 134730
  10. External Hard Drive won't power up

External Hard Drive won't power up: I have an old usb 2.0 external drive enclosure with a ~150GB Hitachi drive, that works fine. I took a 500GB drive from a working Linux system, placed it in the enclosure and when powered up nothing happen, the discs don't spin. Is it a problem between window and linux, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. puis win 10