Windows 10: Hard freeze followed by blue screen of death

Discus and support Hard freeze followed by blue screen of death in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, For a couple of weeks now I've been getting hard freezes followed by Blue Screen of Death on my Windows 10 PC. I initially thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReubenP, May 6, 2019.

1. ReubenP Win User

Hard freeze followed by blue screen of death

Hello everyone,

For a couple of weeks now I've been getting hard freezes followed by Blue Screen of Death on my Windows 10 PC. I initially thought it may have had something to do with CPU overheating, so I got a new, better CPU fan and applied new thermal paste, on Speccy the CPU seems a normal temperature. I used WhoCrashed to analyse my most recent crash and it came out with this:

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Mon 06/05/2019 16:05:44 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050619-8125-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1AA0A0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80234EF7378, 0x0)
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I have analysed and tested my memory, my SSD and HDD which showed no errors, I also ran a /sys which didn't seem to fix the problem either. My specs are:

Summary

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 4440 @ 3.10GHz 30 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z97P-D3 (SOCKET 0) 29 °C

Graphics

S20B300 (1600x900@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (EVGA) 37 °C

ForceWare version: 430.39

SLI Disabled

Storage

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00KUWA0 (SATA ) 29 °C

111GB SanDisk SDSSDA120G (SATA (SSD)) 28 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653B

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

ReubenP, May 6, 2019
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, May 6, 2019
  3. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 6, 2019
  4. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Hard freeze followed by blue screen of death [​IMG]

iuppiter, May 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Hard freeze followed by blue screen of death - Similar Threads - Hard freeze followed

2. Blue screen of death and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of death and freezing: HelloOne of my co-workers is having regular BSOD on her microsoft surface book 4. It has just been deployed to her and the dump file I get for her reads as follows through WinDbg. I would appreciate some help with interpreting the dump to try and diagnose the...
  3. Blue screen of death and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen of death and freezing: HelloOne of my co-workers is having regular BSOD on her microsoft surface book 4. It has just been deployed to her and the dump file I get for her reads as follows through WinDbg. I would appreciate some help with interpreting the dump to try and diagnose the...
  4. Blue screen of death and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freezing and Blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing and Blue screen of death: Hello I have been getting for the last week Blue screens of death. According to a blue screen viewer the culprit appears to be an issue with the ntoskrnl.exe driver but I am not sure how to resolve this. Anyone can please offer some advice? I include in the link below the...
  6. Freezing and Blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing and Blue screen of death: Hello I have been getting for the last week Blue screens of death. According to a blue screen viewer the culprit appears to be an issue with the ntoskrnl.exe driver but I am not sure how to resolve this. Anyone can please offer some advice? I include in the link below the...
  7. Freezing and Blue screen of death

8. Computer freezes and Blue Screen of Death

Computer freezes and Blue Screen of Death: Hello, My computer freezes and bsod shortly after. it restarts too quickly, so I couldn't catch the error codes. I have ran a hardware test for my computer, but everything comes back with no failures. The issue seems fixed when I reinstall windows, but after some time, it...
  9. Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent Freezing and Blue Screens of Death: Hi all, I've been having some issues with my Windows 10 PC lately, and I'm hoping you can help. I get frequent blue screens when doing almost anything on my computer. It seems to come in waves sometimes, with multiple happening in one day and then none for a couple days....
  10. sustem freeze followed by blue screen of death.

sustem freeze followed by blue screen of death.: Greetings, i had this issue for long ago, i don't remember whats the trigger to be honest, but here it is. when i use Adobe Premiere pro 2019 or 2017 in editing or rendering i get this random system total freeze then after 30sec followed by bluescreen of death, with...