Windows 10: Hard freezing hard reboot required

Discus and support Hard freezing hard reboot required in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to: i7-8700k MSI Tomahawk G.Skill Trident 2x8GB 3200 Ever since I did the upgrade and fresh installed Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by XxSwiftyxX, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Hard freezing hard reboot required

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my PC to:
    i7-8700k
    MSI Tomahawk
    G.Skill Trident 2x8GB 3200

Ever since I did the upgrade and fresh installed Windows 10 to my SSD, I've been having quite a few problems with this build, My computer sometimes maybe once a day hard freezes to the point where my cursor and keyboard do not work but I can see the last things I was doing on my monitor. No errors, No BSOD. Only a hard reboot will remedy this and no errors pursue after reboot.

I check event viewer and nothing really comes up related to as to why it might have stopped responding. I ran ram tests and it came back with no errors. I recently turned off C-states as I noticed it was reducing my clock speed down to under 1.0ghz at idle. However afterwards I had HWmonitor open I tried opening a game and the last thing I could see under the CPU load is all cores jumped high 90's on usage. I was not able to view temperatures at that current time but I was running a cooler master 212 and I decided after that hard freeze I was going to install my EVGA CLC 280. My idle temps are currently 33-38 degrees C.

I noticed when I went to the BIOS menu my ram was set default 2133 I believe I switched it to 3200, as the reason I bought the motherboard and ram I did was that the sweet spot was 3200 for the combination of those two products.
    Now Intel boost is activated I believe hitting the speed to about 4.29ghz I don't know if this would have any impact on it.

I have updated my drivers, reinstalled some of the drivers I suspected were culprits. But I am still at a loss and am now looking to any of you for advice.
    Thank you.

:)

XxSwiftyxX, Jun 23, 2018
  2. TrawMah Win User

Windows 10 Randomly Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot.

Windows 10 Randomly Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot. I have tried many fixes from power plan to clean reinstall. nothing seems to work. Brand new PC. Any help would be very helpful.

TrawMah, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Computer freezing and requires hard reboot.

I got windows 10 and sometimes now it randomly freezes and needs a hard reboot, it's extremely annoying and I can't find a fix or anything. All I know is that I'm not the only one having this problem.

ReganSavory, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Hard freezing hard reboot required

Screen freezes randomly, requiring hard reboot

I've been working on this problem for months now. I have Windows 10 on a HP Envy desktop and using an HP display. It worked fine without problems for about 6 months. Then the
    screen started freezing-- the pointer freezes, the PC becomes unresponsive.
    When I power off by hitting the power button and restart, it works fine for a few minutes to hours to days without a problem. Then the problem will happen again randomly. I figured it probably happened after a Windows update, which are automatic.

Then about 5 weeks ago it got a new problem. The screen would suddenly start flashing on and off, and the PC was again unresponsive. After rebooting, it would work again for a few min-to-hours-to-days as with the previous problem. Finally it went to a blue
    screen with endless circles and would not ever get past that point. SO, at this point
    I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10.

NOW I'm back to the original problem: the pointer freezes and the screen freezes, requiring a reboot from the power button. The only software I have installed since reinstalling Windows:

Mcaffee Live Safe

Microsoft Office

Chrome

HP Printer software

Adobe acrobat

The problem has been happening from the beginning though (right after I reinstalled windows). So, I figure that the screen freeze is a Windows problem. I've updated all drivers. I've searched all over this site, but no suggestions as to what to do. Can anyone
    help?

KatherineDee, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Hard freezing hard reboot required

1. Hard freezing hard reboot required - Similar Threads - Hard freezing hard

2. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  3. Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Hard Freezes of Entire System Requiring Forced Reboot: I'm experiencing random system freezes where the screen is stuck on the last frame & the audio stutters or buzzes the last played sound. It is completely unresponsive & requires a reset or forced shut down via the reset or power buttons on the tower. System specs:CPU: Intel...
  4. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  5. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  6. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10: I have two older gaming computers that have been upgraded with solid state hard drives and I wanted to go to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Installs when well, only a few minor problems. But on using both computers I have run into the same problem. Randomly, the mouse and...
  8. Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10: I have two older gaming computers that have been upgraded with solid state hard drives and I wanted to go to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Installs when well, only a few minor problems. But on using both computers I have run into the same problem. Randomly, the mouse and...
  9. Pc freezes and requires hard boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes and requires hard boot.: So recently I have been experiences crashes with my PC. My screen completely freezes, and I hear a notification sound in the background. I have tried to get minidump files, but there are none. I have the latest graphics card drivers. I also have the latest windows update...
  10. Windows freezes that require hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows freezes that require hard reset: Hello, I am just going to take you through what happened and what I have done. A week ago I was playing games on steam and just went AFK for the day and when I came back in the evening I tried to launch a game (RUST) and it just didn't load and soon game was not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly freezes and requires hard restart

2. internal corpnet required

3. internal corpnet required windows 10