Windows 10: Hard freezing on idle

Discus and support Hard freezing on idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so this is unbearable.My laptop freezes on idle in a few minutes,abd needs to be restarted. I tried fresh clean feature but it either freezes or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nikolacc, Nov 24, 2018.

1. nikolacc Win User

Hard freezing on idle

Ok so this is unbearable.My laptop freezes on idle in a few minutes,abd needs to be restarted. I tried fresh clean feature but it either freezes or doesnt work. I tried istalling one from the media thing and still it froze.I tried reseting the pc and it cant move past 1%. Is it something with hard drive ? I am becoming frustrated guys !

:)

nikolacc, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes/deadlocks after being left idle for a few minutes

I have done all of what you suggested, and it still freezes when idle for a few minutes. I have just performed a 1 hour + download. Five minutes later, while the computer was idle, Windows 10 froze.

Bill Nettles, Nov 24, 2018
  3. pc freezes when left idle

The pc freezes when left idle. Even the mouse wouldn't move. Looked at event viewer, nothing looks abnormal in it. It's definitely not hard drive because I recently replaced it with a new one. Does anyone have a solution to this?

mayank deshpande, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

Hard freezing on idle

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Hard freezing on idle

1. Hard freezing on idle - Similar Threads - Hard freezing idle

2. Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD: Hello,I am experiencing hard crashes quite frequently, but oddly it is typically when my machine is idle. It is happening often enough such that my machine is nearly unusable. Anywhere from immediately to a few minutes after letting it idle, it freezes up and goes to BSOD DPC...
  3. Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD: Hello,I am experiencing hard crashes quite frequently, but oddly it is typically when my machine is idle. It is happening often enough such that my machine is nearly unusable. Anywhere from immediately to a few minutes after letting it idle, it freezes up and goes to BSOD DPC...
  4. Hard freeze/crash at idle, sometimes BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC hard restarts or hard freezes when left idle for about 10 minutes

PC hard restarts or hard freezes when left idle for about 10 minutes: Hey, everyone, I have been having this problem for quite some time now, though I cannot pinpoint exactly when they started. Basically, my PC will hard restart or freeze, sometimes it will give a BSOD, sometimes it will not, when I leave it idle for about 10 minutes. It...
  6. Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Hard Freezing if left idle for a few minutes: Hi all, my Windows 10 PC has been freezing (and requiring a hard restart) if I leave it idle for just a few minutes. The amount of time is inconsistent but its usually around 30 minutes. The PC has never ever had this issue before, and it's only started occurring ever since...
  7. Idle Mouse Freezing

Idle Mouse Freezing: Okay so while i'm typing this i have to move the mouse because if i leave it idle my laptop will freeze the cursor on my screen stops and the time and battery is frozen if i plug in my laptop it doesnt show its plugged in as charging i can't do anything other than hard shut...
  8. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...
  9. Windows 10 hard freeze when Idle for a short period.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 hard freeze when Idle for a short period.: This is an odd problem. This has been happening for a few days now and I'm at a bit of a loss about what the problem is exactly. It seems to have started after a recent Windows update, but I'm not sure exactly what specific element has screwed things up for me and it may have...
  10. Windows hard freezing when left idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hard freezing when left idle.: Edit: Fixed. Turns out it was a bad/corrupted file in one of my games that was freezing the defrag process. It was slipping past the scans and the game in question was running perfectly fine. There's a more detailed explanation on page 3 of the thread. What the title says....