Windows 10: Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode

Discus and support Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, this issue first occured somewhere between December to January 2021-2022 respectively, before upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Basically,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Petros Giannopoulos, May 18, 2022.

1. Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode

Hi, this issue first occured somewhere between December to January 2021-2022 respectively, before upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Basically, my laptop completely freezes no input from mouse, keyboard, can't even turn off keyboard leds with fn-F4 when i exit a game for example Elden Ring, and the play mode of Unity 3D game engine. The freeze is not consistent, I think it has to do with how long the session was running before i exit it. I have tried updating drivers to their latest versions from manifacturer, running memory diagnostic tool, sfc scannow command, health checks, updati

:)

Petros Giannopoulos, May 18, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 18, 2022
  3. full-screen mode in games freezing

hi,

thanks for replying

but i don't think the problem is with my hardware because when i run the game in borderless mode it works with a good performance

but since not all games have the borderless mode option i have a hard time playing them

and some game have full-screen as the default mode so i have a hard time to try to change it so i can play

so i don't know what is the problem that causes games to freeze in full-screen mode

thanks

ahmedalshmrany, May 18, 2022
  4. Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode

Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode

1. Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode - Similar Threads - Hard Screen Freezes

2. Computer freezes when playing games on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when playing games on Windows 11: [IMG]Windows PCs make for the perfect gaming devices when coupled with the right specs. The experience could be smoother all the time – however, sometimes, you may encounter crashes when playing games, especially on Windows 11. In this article, we will tell you how to fix...
  3. Computer hard freezing when playing some video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer hard freezing when playing some video games: Hi, When playing some video games, my computer hard freezes and I have to manually hold the power button down to turn it off and restart it.I have tried reinstalling windows, the games, the applications, even completely reformatting and reinstalling windows on my SSD.I have...
  4. Computer hard freezing when playing some video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer hard freezing when playing some video games: Hi, When playing some video games, my computer hard freezes and I have to manually hold the power button down to turn it off and restart it.I have tried reinstalling windows, the games, the applications, even completely reformatting and reinstalling windows on my SSD.I have...
  5. Computer hard freezing when playing some video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode

Hard Screen Freezes in Windows 11 when exiting a game or Unity play mode: Hi, this issue first occured somewhere between December to January 2021-2022 respectively, before upgrading to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Basically, my laptop completely freezes no input from mouse, keyboard, can't even turn off keyboard leds with fn-F4 when i exit a game...
  7. BSOD when playing unity games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing unity games: I keep having windows crash whenever I play games that run of unity.Hearthstone mostly.I have ran memtest, stress tests, updated drivers, done a fresh install.PC only crashes on unity games I can have non unity games run for hours no crashes.This is the last mini dump...
  8. BSOD when playing unity games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing unity games: I keep having windows crash whenever I play games that run of unity.Hearthstone mostly.I have ran memtest, stress tests, updated drivers, done a fresh install.PC only crashes on unity games I can have non unity games run for hours no crashes.This is the last mini dump...
  9. BSOD when playing unity games

10. Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar freezes when exiting old games: When I try to exit an old game or press the Windows key, the taskbar freezes itself for about 30-60 seconds. I can still use some apps, browsers, etc, but I can't close apps with the taskbar because it freezes. This has happened to ALL the old games I played not DOS games,...