Windows 10: Hard shut down during boot

Discus and support Hard shut down during boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I booted my computer, and it just stucks at one of a directory. So I did a hard shut down and when I start my computer again. It leads me to automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ryanc747, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Ryanc747 Win User

Hard shut down during boot

I booted my computer, and it just stucks at one of a directory. So I did a hard shut down and when I start my computer again. It leads me to automatic repair, it says my computer didn't start correctly and I try resolving it. Until now, I still can't find a way to fix my computer. Do I need to bring it to a repair shop?

:)

Ryanc747, Jun 25, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jun 25, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Hard shut down during boot - Similar Threads - Hard shut down

2. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  3. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  4. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down during startup: The laptop started restarting all of a sudden couple of days ago.I did factory reset but it did not work.My battery is dead but while plugging in same problem occurs.What should I do next?...
  5. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down during startup: The laptop started restarting all of a sudden couple of days ago.I did factory reset but it did not work.My battery is dead but while plugging in same problem occurs.What should I do next?...
  6. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Shut down during updates now unable to boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut down during updates now unable to boot up: I work for a nonprofit and this isn't my laptop/ I haven't laid eyes on the device myself.A client closed their laptop mid-update, then brought the device home and now it will not boot up/restart.Before this happened, they told me that they never performed system updates as...
  8. PC shutting down during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC shutting down during update: Hi i've been trying to update my win from 10240 to 2004 with both the media tool iso & update assistant but both times the PC shut down at 48% and then undoing changes. here is the log if it can help 2020-08-16 16:08:57, Error MOUPG...
  9. Shutting down during update and repeated failure to boot afterwards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutting down during update and repeated failure to boot afterwards: Hii I accidentally switched off the power to my Asus Laptop when it was updating automatically and since it doesnt run on batteries it immediately switched off. On my next bootup I could not reach beyond the logo screen and the screen shows this process repeatedly: 1 a logo...
  10. Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?: My free upgrade from 7 pro worked well for one month, but has become increasingly unstable. Firstly the boot up screen before sign-in virtually freezes - the circulating dots stutter and almost stop - I do not know if it eventually boots because I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and...