Windows 10: *Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the...

Discus and support *Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've tried EVERYTHING.Using Process Hacker to get system permsExplore ++I used the administrator accountWsAppBak.exeBUT YET ALL FAIL!!!! I truly think... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BobJones726123, Jun 18, 2021.

1. *Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the...

I've tried EVERYTHING.Using Process Hacker to get system permsExplore ++I used the administrator accountWsAppBak.exeBUT YET ALL FAIL!!!! I truly think Microsoft should stop doing ARE you sure? Also, if you are wondering what I was trying to do, I was trying to block Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 from the internet. And the main reason why I would want to block the app from using the internet is that I want to use OFFLINE mode instead of that pathetic xbox login.I also made a video of what happened.https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArQLyjGSRb54gWItZasRr0GuhCITBy the way you'll need to download the v

:)

BobJones726123, Jun 18, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 18, 2021
  4. *Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the...

Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that it is not advised to make any changes in the WindowsApps folder, as it can cause issues while using the pre-installed apps. However, to be on a safer side you can always create a system restore point to restore the PC to the state
    where everything was working fine. Refer the article to
    Create a system restore point

Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to take ownership of WindowsApps folder.

1. Click on the Search Bar on the left hand side of the
      Taskbar.
    2. Now type CMD, right click on it, and select
      Run as Administrator.
    3. Type in the following command: icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F
    4. Once the above command is successfully executed run the following command:
      icacls "%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps" /grant Administrators:F /t
    5. Type Exit and hit enter.
    6. Restart the PC.

After the restart you should be able to make changes inside the WindowsApps folder.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of troubleshooting steps to assist you better.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

*Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the...

1. *Hard Topic to Fix* Not allowed to copy files in the WindowsApps folder EVEN on the... - Similar Threads - *Hard Topic Fix*

2. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  3. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  4. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder

Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm a bit stumped trying to add a permission for a program and an EXE to access WindowsApps folder and subfolders. Adding a new permission doesn't seem possible or, as it looks to me, greyed out. I am using an administrator account. I've checkedWhy...
  6. Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm a bit stumped trying to add a permission for a program and an EXE to access WindowsApps folder and subfolders. Adding a new permission doesn't seem possible or, as it looks to me, greyed out. I am using an administrator account. I've checkedWhy...
  7. Allow an app or exe to read & execute WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I copy files from the WindowsApps folder?: Whenever I try to copy Minecraft: Dungeons, it gives: "You need permission from your computer's administrator to perform this action." When I try to change it to read and write, it says "Access is denied." I already set my user and group (Administrators) to full control, and...
  9. Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder

Cannot copy files to WindowsApps folder even after taking Ownership of the folder: I have been trying to copy gamepad emulator files to Forza Horizon 4 folder in windowsapps folder. I took ownership of the folder and giver full control. Even then It shows the error shown in the screenshot below. [ATTACH]...
  10. Copying files into WindowsApps directory