Windows 10: Hard Wired Surveillance System

Discus and support Hard Wired Surveillance System in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had my security system hard wired to my PC. To view the cameras I go into HDMI display and it works fine, the problem is I cannot get back to my home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blueskiesWK, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Hard Wired Surveillance System

I had my security system hard wired to my PC. To view the cameras I go into HDMI display and it works fine, the problem is I cannot get back to my home screen on my computer without taking the plug out from the wire. Has to be a better way. Any help is appreciated~Thanks

:)

blueskiesWK, Jan 16, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

Western Digital Announces WD Purple NV Surveillance Class Hard Drive Series

WD, a Western Digital company and storage industry leader, today introduced WD Purple NV, a purpose-built line of 3.5-inch, high-capacity 4 TB and 6 TB hard drives for the greater demands of scalable network video recorder (NVR) surveillance systems.

Compared with standard WD Purple drives, the new member of the WD's surveillance video recording family of drives, WD Purple NV, is designed for larger-scale network surveillance systems utilizing higher hard drive bay counts and greater numbers of attached cameras, which demand increased storage capacity and durability. The new drives' high capacities also enable long video retention periods for analysis and reference. WD Purple NV is also designed to withstand the demands of always-on digital NVR recording environments. It offers low power consumption and many advanced performance features typically reserved for higher end surveillance storage.

Hard Wired Surveillance System 41a_thm.jpg

Hard Wired Surveillance System 41b_thm.jpg

"The global video surveillance market is expanding with the increased accessibility to easy-to-use systems for small businesses and municipalities," said Matt Rutledge, senior vice president of HDD marketing at WD. "WD optimized the WD Purple NV line of hard drives for NVR digital surveillance systems to improve high-definition video playback for high-camera-count applications. NVR surveillance systems can produce incredible amounts of data which makes the WD Purple NV hard drives a perfect solution for NVR systems needing high quality recording and playback and high capacity storage."

Features
    WD Purple NV hard drives are equipped with an array of exclusive WD technologies, including:
    • AllFrame - When combined with ATA streaming support, AllFrame technology helps to reduce video footage loss with a proprietary cache policy management technology to help improve data flow and playback. WD Purple includes exclusive firmware upgrades that protect against video pixilation and interruptions within a surveillance system.
    • Premium Protection - Designed with tarnish-resistant components, WD Purple NV offers premium protection in harsh environments where surveillance systems can be installed.
    • Support for High-Camera-Count Systems - WD Purple NV hard drives are optimized to support systems utilizing high numbers of high-definition surveillance cameras, giving you the flexibility to upgrade and expand your security system in the future. Higher storage capacities also allow you to store the surveillance footage for a longer period of time, especially in situations when every second counts.
    Availability
    WD Purple NV 6 TB surveillance hard drives are shipping immediately to customers for qualification and are covered by a three-year limited warranty. WD Purple NV 4 TB hard drives will be available for qualification later this quarter. Both the 6 TB and 4 TB capacities will be shipping in volume within the quarter.

btarunr, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Western Digital Debuts Surveillance-Class Hard Drive Line

WD, a Western Digital company and storage industry leader, today announced the availability of WD Purple, a purpose-built line of 3.5-inch, high-capacity hard drives for surveillance applications. Designed specifically for video surveillance units, WD Purple hard drives excel in new and existing home and small business security environments with up to eight hard drives and up to 32 high-definition (HD) video cameras. Shipping today, WD Purple hard drives are available in capacities from 1 TB up to 4 TB.

"By expanding our 'Power of Choice' product portfolio with WD Purple, we make it simple for our VARs, integrators and consumers to select the right drive engineered for their application and validated with our industry leading surveillance partners," said Matt Rutledge, senior vice president and general manager of WD's Storage Technology group. "WD optimized the WD Purple line of hard drives for surveillance applications to improve high-definition video playback, and operate in 24x7 workloads of surveillance environments."

Hard Wired Surveillance System WD_Purple_4TB_01_thm.jpg

"Different from ordinary desktop hard drives designed for eight hours of daily operation, WD Purple drives have the built-in reliability to operate in Hikvision home and small business system installations so critical video footage is available when it is needed most," said Ying Yang, director of testing, Hikvision. "An additional benefit of WD Purple drives is they support up to eight drives and 32 HD cameras so there is the flexibility to expand for future system coverage."

"The biggest trend impacting the video surveillance market in recent years has been the transition from analog cameras to network cameras," said Jon Cropley, principal analyst for video surveillance at IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS). "With enhanced resolution, wide dynamic range and day/night functionality in cameras increasing, demand for storage solutions capable of accommodating large volumes of video will also increase."

Optimized to withstand the demands of always-on digital PVR, DVR and NVR recording environments, WD Purple hard drives offer low power consumption and many advanced performance features typically reserved for enterprise-level storage.

Features
    WD Purple hard drives are equipped with an array of exclusive WD technologies, including:
    • AllFrame - When combined with ATA streaming support, AllFrame technology helps to reduce video footage loss with a proprietary cache policy management technology to help improve data flow and playback. WD Purple includes exclusive firmware upgrades that protect against video pixilation and interruptions within a surveillance system
    • Advanced Format Technology (AFT) - the more efficient media format that enables increased areal densities, adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers to continue growing hard drive capacities
    Engineered for Compatibility
    Built for easy integration into new or existing video surveillance systems, WD Purple hard drives are designed and tested to surveillance-class standards and are compatible with industry-leading chassis and chip-sets. Without a current industry standard, WD worked closely with surveillance partners to develop a proprietary benchmark to define and demonstrate performance in surveillance systems. Tests of WD Purple hard drives indicate superior performance to competitive surveillance-class brands of storage, especially as cameras, channel count and workloads increase. A special Compatibility Selector is available to assist customers with surveillance drive selection at: http://www.wd.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1210.

Price and Availability
    Shipping now through select distributors and resellers, WD Purple surveillance-class hard drives are available in capacities from 1 TB up to 4 TB and covered by a three-year limited warranty. MSRP for the 3.5-inch 1 TB drive, model #: (WD10PURX) is $89.99; the 2 TB drive, model #: (WD20PURX) is $119.99; the 3 TB drive, model #: (WD30PURX) is $159.99 and the 4 TB drive, model #: (WD40PURX) is $199.99 USD.

Cristian_25H, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Hard Wired Surveillance System

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Hard Wired Surveillance System

1. Hard Wired Surveillance System - Similar Threads - Hard Wired Surveillance

2. Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived: Firstly, I hope this is the right section, I was unsure between this and the drivers and hardware section. I have a surveillance HDD (Didn't realise it was surveillance when I bought it) and is also out of warranty. WD Purple 6TB I've built a new PC and had the odd start up...
  3. Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surveillance HDD - Is it dead or can it be revived: Firstly, I hope this is the right section, I was unsure between this and the drivers and hardware section. I have a surveillance HDD (Didn't realise it was surveillance when I bought it) and is also out of warranty. WD Purple 6TB I've built a new PC and had the odd start up...
  4. "unconnectable" on a hard wired connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "unconnectable" on a hard wired connection: Hello again! Today my issue is with connectivity. I seem to be "unconnectable" for torrent connections since switching to Win10. Even canyouseeme (dot) org can't see me, so it's not a torrent/p2p isp issue. Strange thing is, I always thought that this was only a concern...
  5. "unconnectable" on a hard wired connection

in Windows 10 Support
    "unconnectable" on a hard wired connection: Hello again! Today my issue is with connectivity. I seem to be "unconnectable" for torrent connections since switching to Win10. Even canyouseeme (dot) org can't see me, so it's not a torrent/p2p isp issue. Strange thing is, I always thought that this was only a concern...
  6. "unconnectable" on hard wired connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "unconnectable" on hard wired connection: Hello all! I've recently migrated to Win10 (pro x64 1909), and would like to pick your collective brains on an issue I'm having. I seem to be "unconnectable" for torrent transfers. Even canyouseeme (dot) org can't see me, so, it's not an isp blocking p2p type issue. I don't...
  7. How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired

How to connect to internet using ethernet hard wired: I just purchased a new computer and I need to connect it directly to my modem and not Wi-Fi. Which steps should I take to configure my network?...
  8. window 10 hard wired roku hard wired issue

window 10 hard wired roku hard wired issue: I have a new HP desktop hard wired to my router also hard wired is my Roku running YouTube TV every few days on start up I get the WHEA incorrectable error I have tried resets and updates it keeps coming back. If I unplug the desktop from the router and use wi-fi connection...
  9. Windows 10 does not recognize hard wired printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 does not recognize hard wired printer: I asked this in the HP forum and did not get a working answer yet. So I thought I would try it from the Windows side. The history. I had an old computer that was running Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 when Windows 10 came along. My vintage printer, an HP Laserjet 1018...
  10. Hard wire

Hard wire: My laptop was working great hard wired, it stoped working suddenly. It will work wireless but does not work when wired? 35481