Windows 10: Hard work reqired to Start / Boot

Discus and support Hard work reqired to Start / Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For about a week I have had great difficulty getting my tablet/hybrid PC to Start / Boot. It involves a lot of repeatedly holding the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Sep 8, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Hard work reqired to Start / Boot

For about a week I have had great difficulty getting my tablet/hybrid PC to Start / Boot. It involves a lot of repeatedly holding the power button until it eventually gets going, after maybe taking 30 minutes. Also it is prone to freezing with a blue screen, after working OK for around an hour, requiring the same tedious procedure to be repeated.

SFC and DISM have not revealed anything. A few times a there has been an 'automatic repair' notification but it is not clear that any repair has taken place.

:)

clayto, Sep 8, 2018
  2. AmericanPharaoh Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 8, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard work reqired to Start / Boot - Similar Threads - Hard reqired Start

2. windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works: i have tried all recovery methods but my system is not starting. i have tried severally to reinstall windows but at a point it keeps saying windows 10 installation file is corrupted, contact vendor or administrator. please help me because important files in my pc only though...
  3. 2 hard drives lost boot

in Windows 10 Support
    2 hard drives lost boot: Not so sure my title is fitting, sorry i haven't been around in along time,, anyhow my issue is odd,, last night my battery back up fried out in the middle of the night it wont power on without the alarm going off like crazy. So after eliminating that then i couldn't get my...
  4. Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive

Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive: I have a boot hard drive failing. I wanted to re-install my Windows 10 and accounts software back on to a new disk. I want to know how I can back up what is on the failing disk so that I can re-install it on the new disk. The guidance in windows 10 is woeful and it has failed...
  5. Booting to Start Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting to Start Screen: Hello, how can I make Windows 10 boot to start screen automatically like it did in WIndows 8.1? 16447
  6. PC crashes after hard boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes after hard boot: I have been getting few BSOD screens lately, usually while watching a YouTube video and sometimes the system crashes as soon as it boots. However, I have been very busy lately so I kept postponing the the search to find the error.Today, something unusual happened, after...
  7. Skype starts with boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype starts with boot: How do I stop Skype from always starting when I boot my Windows 10 Pro system. I have looked in the 2 locations in the registry, in msconfig and in the startup folder, but no success. Is there another place to look? 78395
  8. Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Not Working and BSOD When Booting Up: My ASUS laptop is only a few months old and has been working fine when a few days ago the Start Menu stopped working, as well as Cortana and File Explorer disappeared. My attempts to fix the problem may have made it worse as now I’m getting a BSOD. I’ll try to provide as much...
  9. computer boots wrong hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    computer boots wrong hard drive: My wife's computer has started once in awhile to try and boot from the d:\ drive. We turn off the computers at night. Some mornings when I turn on her computer I get the _ flashing in the upper corner of the monitor. When I reboot and go into the setup. I go to the boot...
  10. Dual booting on seperate hard drives?

Dual booting on seperate hard drives?: Not sure where this was supposed to go sorry in advance, I want to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 on 2 seperate hard drives is it possible? 16808