Windows 10: Hard work reqired to Start / Boot

Discus and support Hard work reqired to Start / Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For about a week I have had great difficulty getting my tablet/hybrid PC to Start / Boot. It involves a lot of repeatedly holding the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Sep 8, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Hard work reqired to Start / Boot

For about a week I have had great difficulty getting my tablet/hybrid PC to Start / Boot. It involves a lot of repeatedly holding the power button until it eventually gets going, after maybe taking 30 minutes. Also it is prone to freezing with a blue screen, after working OK for around an hour, requiring the same tedious procedure to be repeated.

SFC and DISM have not revealed anything. A few times a there has been an 'automatic repair' notification but it is not clear that any repair has taken place.

:)

clayto, Sep 8, 2018
  2. AmericanPharaoh Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 8, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 8, 2018
Thema: