Windows 10: Harddisk Problem: 128GB/476GB used, but only 18GB left

Discus and support Harddisk Problem: 128GB/476GB used, but only 18GB left in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I saw I only have 18GB left on my C: Drive. But when I check Explorer (even the hidden folders) I only use 128GB of my 476GB. There are 350GB not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elMuro3, Oct 12, 2018.

1. elMuro3 Win User

Harddisk Problem: 128GB/476GB used, but only 18GB left

Hi

I saw I only have 18GB left on my C: Drive.
    But when I check Explorer (even the hidden folders) I only use 128GB of my 476GB.
    There are 350GB not shown.

Any suggestion how to locate & delete the not shown space?

Thx for any tips

Harddisk Problem: 128GB/476GB used, but only 18GB left [​IMG]

Harddisk Problem: 128GB/476GB used, but only 18GB left [​IMG]

:)

elMuro3, Oct 12, 2018

2. Problem in Browse Data from My Harddisk

Hi Nirav,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to run the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

The built-in Hardware and devices troubleshooter can detect and fix most of the errors and incorrect settings with devices. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Run SFC scan

If the above steps didn’t help, then it is possible that the issue is caused due to some corrupt system files. I would suggest you to run the SFC scan and check. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files
    that could be causing this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up
      elevated command prompt

• In the command prompt type the following command:
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter

• Now, restart the computer.

Try these steps and get back to us with the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

SujataMoktan, Oct 12, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Harddisk Problem: 128GB/476GB used, but only 18GB left - Similar Threads - Harddisk Problem 128GB

2. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  3. External Harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Harddisk: I do have a 1 TB harddisk and want to confirm whether it is physically damaged or there's another problem.The issues that I am facing with the harddisk are:1. It is not instantly recognized by my pc, it takes more than 5 seconds unlike other memory devices.2. Harddisk always...
  4. Headphones only using left ear on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones only using left ear on pc: My headphones are only working on one ear on my pc. I've tried it on a Switch and a phone, they work perfectly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-only-using-left-ear-on-pc/b7a22da3-6885-4a59-bd47-8b7b9651655b
  5. Harddisk is RAW

Harddisk is RAW: I have a problem with my harddisk Suddely it became RAW does anyone know how to fix this issue [img] [img] [img] I'm running windows 10 and it is an internal drive 171252
  6. Windows 10 uses 100% of harddisk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 uses 100% of harddisk: With the last couple of updates, i see that my HDD usage is 100% on my primary HDD, even when only Task Manager is running. I have searched online and disabled Windows Search and SysMain. It help for awhile, but i am back at square one. With each update or roll back had to...
  7. Harddisk naming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Harddisk naming: Sometimes when I do a search for a file I get the answer that the file location is something like: C:\VTRoot\Harddiskvol.10 Not very helpful. I am running W10. Keep it updated. I have 3 harddisks and partions C: D: E: F:G:H: If I open the disk where it is located, its...
  8. External Harddisk

External Harddisk: Hello guys! Please help me with this, I will try my best at explaining the problem. First of all, I have a Seagate expansion hard disk 1TB HDD in which I have really important files. And it worked perfectly until 1 hour ago, when it was plugged in the computer USB port works...
  9. Harddisk Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Harddisk Performance: I want to ask how a hard disk will perform with reallocated sectors compared with 0 reallocated sectors if anyone knows, my hard disk has 1200 reallocated sectors and they have not been growing so my question in general is if the reallocated sectors may impact the read and...
  10. Problem of external harddisk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem of external harddisk: [IMG] I have external hard disk wd..I have problem to transfer from my external hard disk to laptop.it too slow to transfer data..it takes 3 hours to transfer 2gb only..I already chkdsk but have error at examining file name linkage..how to solve my problem..thank you...