Windows 10: HardDrive clicks for 3-4 seconds at startup. Is it normal?

Discus and support HardDrive clicks for 3-4 seconds at startup. Is it normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I searched around on the internet but everyone says that my HDD is about to fail . My laptop is 6 months old and works fine. Should I be worried?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/littledickjohnwick, Jan 15, 2021.

1. HardDrive clicks for 3-4 seconds at startup. Is it normal?

I searched around on the internet but everyone says that my HDD is about to fail . My laptop is 6 months old and works fine. Should I be worried?

submitted by /u/littledickjohnwick
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/littledickjohnwick, Jan 15, 2021

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 15, 2021
  4. HardDrive clicks for 3-4 seconds at startup. Is it normal?

Harddrive Clicking sound???

Harddrive Clicking sound FIXED

In the past month my 800gb samsung harddriver has been making this clicking sound when ever it trys to load some thing on it, lets say a game or a program is installed on it i got to open it takes about 5 to 10sec to open and then makes a lound clicking sound, is my harddrive on its way out?

FIXED

Live OR Die, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

HardDrive clicks for 3-4 seconds at startup. Is it normal?

1. HardDrive clicks for 3-4 seconds at startup. Is it normal? - Similar Threads - HardDrive clicks seconds

2. Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening: Ok, its a domain-joined Laptop purchased an year ago I believe I have done everything that I can Think of but Edge still does not work and I Required a really expert opinion, what i have done so far :- Obviously resetting-clear cache and browser history and then...
  3. Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge crashing after 3-4 seconds of opening: Ok, its a domain-joined Laptop purchased an year ago I believe I have done everything that I can Think of but Edge still does not work and I Required a really expert opinion, what i have done so far :- Obviously resetting-clear cache and browser history and then...
  4. Right-click in FExplorer or on desktop icon: 4+ second delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right-click in FExplorer or on desktop icon: 4+ second delay: I've tried Nir's Shell Extensions View and disabled every non MS extension there, one-by-one, and restarted WinExplorer after each selection. Nothing has changed. Right click anything in a FExpl window to create a shortcut, and the context menu takes four seconds (with a...
  5. Right-click on desktop produces 3-4 second red spinner

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click on desktop produces 3-4 second red spinner: This just started today, and has continued all day, even after several reboots: Usually, if I right-click on the desktop, I get a pop-up menu instantly, with about ten items, from View down to Personalize. Today, I'm suddenly getting a noticeable delay when I right-click,...
  6. windows 10 not recognizing second harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 not recognizing second harddrive: [ATTACH] cant get windows to allow me to save to second drive it sees ADATA SU650 and says health is good but cant save or see it under My Computer drive tab...
  7. Normal startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Normal startup: While in System Configuration, I can't get me Windows 10 to stay on "normal" startup. It keeps reverting back to "selective" Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/normal-startup/4f6396b2-e858-451a-a30a-d6a780ea6c47
  8. Is this normal for Fast Startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this normal for Fast Startup?: Hi all. I hope my English is well understood. I'm using google translator. I've been reading this thread, and I would expose you what happens to me, and to know if this is normal. My computer is as follows: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 (Bios 2702 - Last) I7-4790K 32 GB of...
  9. Startup not normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup not normal: Hi, Just installed new version of Win 10 Pro. Often -but not always- from a cold restart get a pretty picture and only 3 icons in bottom right of screen : 1) Connect to Internet , 2) Ease of Access and 3) Shutdown. Rebooting brings system back to normal. Can't seem to...
  10. startup selective not normal.

in Windows 10 Support
    startup selective not normal.: My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150