Windows 10: Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick

Discus and support Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My drive crashed and I can't find the USB stick or packaging. I still have the amazon order though. What are my options here? I really dont want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Draxis.85, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Draxis.85 Win User

Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick

My drive crashed and I can't find the USB stick or packaging. I still have the amazon order though. What are my options here? I really dont want to spend another $100 on something I already had.

:)

Draxis.85, Feb 23, 2019

2. W10 1607 USB crash

Hello Jamille,

Yes i have tried inserting/ejecting in another computer PackardBellnotebook 512HDD W10 1607 Home, working OK.

In my HP i can insert and read/write on the USB stick, then the crash/freeze occurs when i ejecting the USB stick.

The HP 512 SSD have W10 1607 Pro installed, and i have read some where that there was problem with this combination when the Anniversary arrived.

I am not found of to perform the formatting suggestion you purposed, i have over 50 USB sticks in various sizes with CAD files related to customer projects.

Since everything has working fine before the W10 1607 Pro i believe that Microsoft have a system bug that needs to be sorted out very fast.

Best regards

Tommy Gustavsson

TommyGustavssonLexberg, Feb 23, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick

W10 1607 USB crash

W10 1607 on a HP ZBook 512 SSD, after ejecting an inserted USB stick the PC crash (problem started after the 1607 update).

I run the "safe remove" command and eject the USB, the PC freeze and wold not accept any command.

I have to shut of the power to get out of the stop. When i power up the PC it works like nothing has happened.

What to do?

TommyGustavssonLexberg, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick

1. Harddrive crashed, can't find W10 USB stick - Similar Threads - Harddrive crashed can't

2. USB stick crashs windows apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB stick crashs windows apps: i just got a new usb stick, 1tb i plug it in it works but as soon as i try to drag a folder into it from the this PC screen, explorer crash, ok just a bug,re opening it so that the 1tb usb stick no longer have space, no blue bar no nothing just USB Drive D:\, formating does...
  3. USB stick crashs windows apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB stick crashs windows apps: i just got a new usb stick, 1tb i plug it in it works but as soon as i try to drag a folder into it from the this PC screen, explorer crash, ok just a bug,re opening it so that the 1tb usb stick no longer have space, no blue bar no nothing just USB Drive D:\, formating does...
  4. USB stick crashes explorer

USB stick crashes explorer: So, my USB stick isn't working. When I plug it in it starts blinking as it should and it shows up in the explorer. But if I want to access it the explorer just crashes. This also happens with other services like disk management, explorer++ and even stuff like "chkdsk" and...
  5. USB stick crashes explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB stick crashes explorer: So, my USB stick isn't working. When I plug it in it starts blinking as it should and it shows up in the explorer. But if I want to access it the explorer just crashes. This also happens with other services like disk management, explorer++ and even stuff like "chkdsk" and...
  6. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use USB stick: Hello,I have a problem with USB stick.When I click on its drive letter in Windows Explorer, I am told to insert a disk into USB drive. I can't format it. Disk management says that it is online. What should I do?The problem happens on two computers, with slightly different...
  7. Can't use USB stick

Can't use USB stick: Hello,I have a problem with USB stick.When I click on its drive letter in Windows Explorer, I am told to insert a disk into USB drive. I can't format it. Disk management says that it is online. What should I do?The problem happens on two computers, with slightly different...
  8. Can't use USB stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant see USB stick in W10 anymore: Ive got a basic 16gb Verbatim USB stick , I did manage to see it in my w10 laptop to add music to it Now i cant see it at all disk manager sees it and so does Mini Tool I can see the files on my chromebook? its formatted as Fat32 Any thoughts Running W10 v1909 167115
  10. Can't boot from USB stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot from USB stick: I have Windows 10 currently installed on my PC. I want to go back to Windows 7, and I have a USB stick with the Windows 7 setup files. When my computer is starting up, I press esc to open the bios menu, then select boot device, then I select the USB with the Windows 7 setup...