Windows 10: Harddrive failure

Discus and support Harddrive failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My harddrive failed and I want to know what I have to do to get my factory windows install back on my new harddrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roger Overstreet, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Harddrive failure

My harddrive failed and I want to know what I have to do to get my factory windows install back on my new harddrive

:)

Roger Overstreet, Oct 15, 2019
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Oct 15, 2019
  3. billybag Win User
    Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?

i feel like we are getting a tad off topic, but i am entreated by the suggestion of a NAS setup. i was just going to go for an INTERNAL Harddrive this time around because money is an issue and especially since it seems like i am going to have to pay for data recovery. It is something i will definitely consider down the road

Unless you think a solution would be to get a NAS unit and crack open my external and put it in that?

billybag, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Harddrive failure

Is my harddrive faulty?

Please pull your CMOS battery, wait 20 seconds, install. Enter BIOS, set date and time, make sure SATA is set to AHCI

Make sure your are booting UEFI

Boot from media and redo the shift + F10 instructions above. Then install windows using custom. (Step 10 of this Tutorial)

Clean Install Windows 10

Then skip to Step 13. How big of a drive shows in the Window for step 13. Notice the note within step 13

Harddrive failure [​IMG]

Can you click Next?

Caledon Ken, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Harddrive failure

1. Harddrive failure - Similar Threads - Harddrive failure

2. PC Crash Causes Temporary Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash Causes Temporary Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  3. PC Crash Causes Temporary Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crash Causes Temporary Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  4. PC Crash Causes Temporary Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  6. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  7. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. re-install windows after harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re-install windows after harddrive failure: I purchased a laptop with windows 10 preloaded on it. After a bit of fiddling around I managed to corrupt my harddrive and needed to format it. I am now trying to re-install windows but I don't know how to find my serial key embedded or make any progress. Any help or advice...
  9. re-install windows after harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-install windows after harddrive failure: I purchased a laptop with windows 10 preloaded on it. After a bit of fiddling around I managed to corrupt my harddrive and needed to format it. I am now trying to re-install windows but I don't know how to find my serial key embedded or make any progress. Any help or advice...
  10. re-install windows after harddrive failure