Windows 10: Harddrive keeps failing

Discus and support Harddrive keeps failing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear community, Since my harddrive crashed last month, I've been getting more and more problems lately. This is what happened: Suddenly out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaanRuys, Jun 11, 2020.

1. DaanRuys Win User

Harddrive keeps failing

Dear community,

Since my harddrive crashed last month, I've been getting more and more problems lately.

This is what happened: Suddenly out of nowhere my harddrive did not boot up. Well, it did, but the storage was "unallocated". I lost every file on that harddrive. I got my computer restarted a dozens times. I got the harddrive fully and completely resetted. I put it back in my computer and started to do my regular things. playing CS:GO, Project cars 2, Cities:Skylines and Assetto corsa +mods. Following morning, same story. I found out about the 'Disk management' trick to allocate file storage to the harddrive. Again, I lost all my files. but, I got "Healthy Page File, Primary Partition sentence in my Disk management. Following morning, again, same story, gone, everything. I was sick and tired of redownloading every single file I need and allocating the file path. This was continuing for 3-4 weeks. I send the Harddrive to the builder of my computer Alternate, Belgium, they send me a new harddrive to use. I installed it correctly, restarded my computer like 50 times to make sure it was working correctly. I transfered some of my games from and older harddrive that I temporarily was using and, well, I think you've guessed it, The harddrive failed. "unallocated". I think it's something with my windows. It has the latest update of windows 10. but, let me list the problems that I have now:

-screen goes black for ca. 10 seconds out of nowhere and then it returns to normall and displays what i was doing. I can hear from the sound that the game was still running fine. GTA V online

-My RGB lightning in my computer keeps resetting it colors. After a full color cycle I've got it in rainbow mode, it resets itself back to the starting position of the colors. the colors go back to the place where they always start. See link for video: https://gofile.io/d/JWbW26

-The Harddrive problem of course. additional info, I've got an ssd with my windows on and that works fine. Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250gb

Motherboard: Aorus x750 ELITE

CPU: AMD i7 x27000

GPU: AMD radeon rx580
    powersupply: 550watt

HDD: WDC WD10EZEX 1TB

SSD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 250gb
    RAM: corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB

Thank you in advance,

Daan Ruys

:)

DaanRuys, Jun 11, 2020
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jun 11, 2020
  3. One Drive update keeps failing

Lumia 735 keeps trying to update OneDrive and fails. saw there was a previous post from last year about this problem. Tried the suggestions listed but the update keeps failing

steve_williams, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Harddrive keeps failing

Backup harddrive now reporting as SATA 1?

Well that's awkward, apparently this harddrive is a lot older than I thought, it is actually only a SATA 1 drive. But it is still not hitting the even a third, if a fourth of the manual listed speeds. Harddrive is a little under half full, any reason it could magically have lost so much of it's performance without actually failing?

Zakin, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Harddrive keeps failing

1. Harddrive keeps failing - Similar Threads - Harddrive keeps failing

2. Harddrive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddrive Disconnecting: Hello. Lately My internal SATA harddrive randomly disconnects about once a week now, when I go into BIOS it is not listed anymore. I fixed this by disconnecting the SATA and power cables and reconnecting it and it works again, however this keeps happening and I'm not sure if...
  3. Harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Harddrive: I recently got an an Lexar 256 ssd memory card. Now 3 mermory drives are in the computer and 1 disk drive. The problem is that my E drive where I had all my information doesnt allow to me transfer data. When I go to storage on setting it marks that the drives are full but...
  4. b1initialize library failed 0xc0000229 on new board n harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    b1initialize library failed 0xc0000229 on new board n harddrive: got brand new asus b450-f gaming with ryzen 3200g 8gb 2666mhz ram evga 600 psu gigabyte 1660ti all new test working by technician.. mobo reads all hardware is set up to asus setting to install windows for flash ... boots the flash drive ... boom this error n computer...
  5. Problem with harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with harddrive: Hi I just bought a new external harddrive last week and i have moved my files to it. After a few days when i try opening the files; file explorer starts freezing and it say it is not responding. Can somebody please help me....
  6. Harddrive

Harddrive: I want to add my hard drive from my old window 7 computer. Will I loose my files to make this work on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/harddrive/9a32850c-d5f6-43f8-9377-1bd50730f5ce
  7. Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Failing to activate Windows 10 after harddrive replacement: Hi. I changed my laptop's harddrive from an HDD to an SSD and when I tried to activate Windows it tells me "The product key you entered can't be used to activate this edition of Windows. Please try a different key." I have no idea what to do....
  8. upgrading harddrive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading harddrive: In my Lenovo Desktop Pc, I want to put a sshd 2TB 2.5" drive in place of the 2.5" 500GB harddrive. In whitch I broke the pins that go to the data cable. That happen at least two years ago. It had had Windows 10 Pro activated on it. However, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM...
  9. switching harddrives

switching harddrives: is it possible to switch hard drives out of a laptop one in it is running windows 7 and the one i want to put in it is running windows 10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/switching-harddrives/6e1eb1aa-4f9f-4d58-be07-15fff54ed522
  10. Wipe harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wipe harddrive: How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong? Would the harddrive make the unit just shutoff and reboot ramdonly? Or will re-install windows cure the problem? Thanks 87681