Windows 10: Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager

Discus and support Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, and thanks in advance for your help! I installed a new additional hard drive into my computer. I used the right sata drive and plugged in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sidea01, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Sidea01 Win User

Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager

Hi all, and thanks in advance for your help!

I installed a new additional hard drive into my computer. I used the right sata drive and plugged in the power. The BIOS shows it under disk drives. Device manager shows it listed, but not named. When I go to the disk manager to initialize it, it doesn't show it. Refreshing doesn't find it.

Under the device manager I updated the drivers. I ran a troubleshooter. Everything is up to date and nothing is wrong.

Why can't I initialize it so that I can use it?

:)

Sidea01, Jun 24, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

SSD not being shown in disk management

Hello,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can identify the cause of the issue:

• Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port?
    • Have you checked if the SSD is visible in Device Manager? Follow these steps to verify if it is visible in Device Manager:
      • Right-click on Start and click-on Device Manager.
      • Click-on the Disk drive and check if it is there.
      • If it is visible, try to check if you can update its driver.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 24, 2019
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager

1. Harddrive visible in device manager, not in disk manager - Similar Threads - Harddrive visible device

2. my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management: hard drive when plugged via usb it gives clucking code sound western digital WXP1E21MTF34 as attached, it clucks 9 times then 3 times then 3 times again then nothing! how can i get windows to recognize the harddrive given that it didn't shown any signs of it being about to...
  3. my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my harddrive shown as not initialized on disk management: hard drive when plugged via usb it gives clucking code sound western digital WXP1E21MTF34 as attached, it clucks 9 times then 3 times then 3 times again then nothing! how can i get windows to recognize the harddrive given that it didn't shown any signs of it being about to...
  4. Camera not Visible in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not Visible in Device Manager: The built-in camera in my windows 10 ASUS Q503UA has quit. The device has been working but has stopped and is no longer visible in Device Manager. I have download ASUS Live Update, but it says all is well. So far online resources have not been able to provide a solution. What...
  5. Camera not Visible in Device Manager

Camera not Visible in Device Manager: The built-in camera in my windows 10 ASUS Q503UA has quit. The device has been working but has stopped and is no longer visible in Device Manager. I have download ASUS Live Update, but it says all is well. So far online resources have not been able to provide a solution. What...
  6. Camera not Visible in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 2 keyboards visible in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 keyboards visible in device manager: I can see 2 HID Keyboard Device in device manager in the keyboards section even though I have only one keyboard plugged in my desktop pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-keyboards-visible-in-device-manager/8f53f856-3a62-44c7-8bc1-f2435ef504e3
  8. 2 keyboards visible in device manager

2 keyboards visible in device manager: I can see 2 HID Keyboard Device in device manager in the keyboards section even though I have only one keyboard plugged in my desktop pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-keyboards-visible-in-device-manager/8f53f856-3a62-44c7-8bc1-f2435ef504e3
  9. Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space is not visible in Disk Management: Hi, So I shrunk my F: drive volume by 30000MB, and after shrinking it, it was not visible as unallocated space. At this point, my F: Drive's space decreased 30GB, yet the unallocated space wasn't visible on Disk Management. Thus, I tried to shrink it again, but the same...
  10. Disk Management partitions not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Management partitions not visible: I've never seen this before and can't seem to find any similar situations online. Trying to add a new SSD drive for additional storage, not Windows C drive. Disk Managment visual representation of partitions is greyed out/ greened out for some reason? I've restarted and all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. harddisk visible in device manager not in computer

2. harddrive detected in device manager but not in disk manager